Kamikaze? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Kamikaze?

Sure maybe it is because I grew up longing to own the colorful jems in my 1993 Ibanez catalog, but I love the ESP Kamikaze. Sold it years ago. With the price hikes I'll probly never get to own another, but what a cool looking guitar. Especially the neon green one! Anyone with me on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Re: Kamikaze?

Well, I'm not gonna say it will ever out-do a UVMC, or anything like that but yeah....I've got a thing for the Kami's.....The neon green ones are ok but the Kami 2 (blue,red,silver and white)...Thats the one I jones for. Thank God my good buddy has one. All I need to do is visit him and get my fix.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 PM

Reviews: 2

I'll go with the original. Probably because it looked so cool with Lynch playing it for the solo in the "In My Dreams" video.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

The nut sure was wide on it, 1 and 3/4, whew! Like shred-classical or something. I think that is what finally drove me mad about it. Well that and the solid maple body making it weigh more than any Les Paul could dream of weighing hehe.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 AM

Reviews: 6

This is my current favourite of the Kamikaze line:

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatt142 View Post
Well, I'm not gonna say it will ever out-do a UVMC, or anything like that but yeah....I've got a thing for the Kami's.....The neon green ones are ok but the Kami 2 (blue,red,silver and white)...Thats the one I jones for. Thank God my good buddy has one. All I need to do is visit him and get my fix.
Yep--the Kamikaze 2!!! I played George's after a show in Nov '87 and loved it. Maybe it's because he just showed that axe to the world on that tour, or because George let me play his--it'll always be my favorite.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Reviews: 1

I have had one on order now for 5 months, dealer told me should be here around Christmas! OG for Me!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 09:54 PM

Kamikaze? Heavy slab of maple but very cool. Here's mine with my Skulls and Snakes.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Yep--the Kamikaze 2!!! I played George's after a show in Nov '87 and loved it. Maybe it's because he just showed that axe to the world on that tour, or because George let me play his--it'll always be my favorite.
I remember that tour! I absolutely freaked when he came out on stage with that thing!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinga View Post
Kamikaze? Heavy slab of maple but very cool. Here's mine with my Skulls and Snakes.

Kami is my first choice, then the skulls and snakes, but I could not afford both.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Got an X-Ray Bones to go with those two. Still looking for a good deal on a Tiger and GL-56
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinga View Post
Got an X-Ray Bones to go with those two. Still looking for a good deal on a Tiger and GL-56
I have a tigarburst, Got an awesome deal on one from a guitar shop that was closing down!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM

I really want to do a 2 tone rising sun RG for my next project now!!! maybe green??? OMG,, that star shaped ESP!??!?! I love star shaped bodies. GGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
OMG, that star shaped ESP!??!?! I love star shaped bodies. GGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the first time I saw that one, I was blown away. They ain't cheap on EvilBay though.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philboski View Post
Yeah, the first time I saw that one, I was blown away. They ain't cheap on EvilBay though.
I also love the sig model ESP from the other guy in Children of Bodom.. star shaped with explorer headstock. drool.

Tags
kamikaze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode