Klein Guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Klein Guitars

has anyone here had the pleasure of playing one of these fine instruments?

the body shape, while not the best looking thing, is completely ergonamic and when playing sitting down, the neck rests at the perfect angle for your left hand and you cant even feel the body, its like playing air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 11:43 AM

Never had my hands on one, but I was seriously considering getting one at one time. The price was just a little too far out of reach. I am just going to stick to saving up for a Nitefly SA to go along with my Fly Deluxe. After playing on stainless steel frets for the past 4 years I can't get used to anything else.
The Klein is a really cool design. Maybe someday in the future I will pick one up on E-Bay.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 12:56 AM

I have 2 of the approx 250 Kleins that were built with Steinberger in the 90's, the GK line. One is a black GK4T, the other a white GK2T, the one Allan Holdsworth gave away, which made it all the way into my hands.

I believe Steinbergers are the best guitars out there, bar none. Only nostalgia keeps me bound to Ibanez guitars in some way. But when I practise or do studio work, I always reach for a Klein or a Steinberger.

The Steinberger is the next step in the evolution of guitar. The Klein is the next step in the evolution of the Steinberger. Anyone who has played either a Steinberger or a Klein will know what I mean, there is simply no way to explain it. It is how playing should be. You will not know what you've been missing until you've tried it. I work professionally in music and have convinced everybody whose hands I have put a Steinberger/Klein into.

Bottom line, if you can afford to get one, do so.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:11 PM

Re: Klein Guitars

Hi. I`m new to the site and i`m looking to find where i can get info on a Klien GK4T that i`ve recently bought. it has a low serial number but i cant seem to find any Klein web sites that give any kind of back ground info. Please help. Cheers G.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:26 PM

just bought a Klein GK4T where can i find web info on Klien guitars there dosnt seem to be a great deal of info out there?? Cheers G
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM

There's a klein guitars dot com. They seem to be dedicated to the late luthier.

There's also this post: http://buildingtheergonomicguitar.co...s-no-more.html
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Reviews: 11

random! I was totally looking at these the first time this morning
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramuso View Post
Hi. I`m new to the site and i`m looking to find where i can get info on a Klien GK4T that i`ve recently bought. it has a low serial number but i cant seem to find any Klein web sites that give any kind of back ground info. Please help. Cheers G.
I guess you came here over a Google search hit to this thread, but it had been dormant and buried for 8 years before you revived it. Not sure if you noticed that bit...

Tags
allan holdsworth , body shape , ibanez guitars , stainless steel frets , steel frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode