Korn 7-string - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Korn 7-string

Does anyone have any more info about them other than what is on the jemsite homepage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 11:03 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Korn 7-string

News will trickle out leading up to NAMM. Dealers should be informed about the guitar and the product specs and final price list forthcoming.... glen
post #3 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 11:33 AM

Korn 7-string

I think they will be some kind of RG, but with a Universe style angled input. Probably without fret markers, but with the players name on the 12th fret. Bound Fingerboard probably. Interesting, but I would never buy a guitar with someones name on.
post #4 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Korn 7-string

I was thinking the same thing but Rich Harris e-mailed me and
said that it will say K-7 on the 12 fret.

(Edited by Noodles at 4:10 pm on Dec. 31, 2000)
post #5 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 04:53 PM

Korn 7-string

Yes, that would make it a bit more attractive.
post #6 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 08:06 PM

Korn 7-string

So we gain the K-7 but lose the 7620. That's too bad, especially since the K-7 will cost more.

I wonder if the 7420 will get a Lo-Pro instead of the TRS. Wishful thinking? It'd suck if there were only the semi-trashy Korean 7420 and the high-end Prestige and signature 7's (K-7 and Universe). Ibanez really needs something in the mid-range... and if they consider the 7420 to be their mid-range 7-string, it really needs the Edge trem instead of the TRS.

If the K-7 has a bound body and bound fretboard with minimal inlays, it could be quite a nice-looking guitar... hopefully it won't be too much more expensive than the 7620. I'm a bit surprised about the PAF-7's, though.

Then again, that baritone 7 also looks quite interesting.
post #7 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 09:46 PM

Korn 7-string

By the way, what is a "Ubar tremolo"?
post #8 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 09:48 PM

Korn 7-string

yeah, what is it

(Edited by getthis at 9:49 pm on Dec. 31, 2000)
post #9 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 11:33 PM

Korn 7-string

Ugh.
post #10 of 160 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Korn 7-string

I think it's a bar that lets you push back on the trem with your palm*to raise the pitch. Thats my guess because Head and Munky like to push back on the trem rather than use the trem arm. Hope that helps.

(Edited by Noodles at 11:49 pm on Dec. 31, 2000)
post #11 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 01:27 AM

Korn 7-string

Remember the old Kahler trems with the "palm" bar?...that REALLY wide bar that screwed in at the top of the trem (between the low E and A strings? *Plan on seeing something like that.

I'll try to dig up a pic of that Kahler and link it.

(Damn, knowing about that trem makes me old, huh? *Bob? *Rich? *LOL)
post #12 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 10:47 AM

Korn 7-string

Man I'm not even into korn but this guitar sounds like it would be a cool axe to have. Having it say k-7 kinda bothers me, but hey people cant think any worse than seeing vines runing the length of the fretboard.
Or can they?
Even though im a big Vai fan, there is jsut too much of him in that guitar for me. The K-7 sounds more plain than anything. The little features it does have are pretty sweet sounding. I would definatly have to check it out.

Ok one question, Why would they put a U-bar on the thing if Head and Monkey do not have it on theres. Unless they just got new ones with it on there? *Also why PAF's when for years the Korn sound has been Blaze's? The PAF 7-string version pu's are fairly new. You cant tell me that when Korn wrote their first album they had PAF's. That album is the best with the best of their sound IMO. Hey that dosnt bother me, becuase ive been looking for a guitar with PAF's in it anyway.

I know its probably based on the direction Korn is heading more than the past, but man there sound on that album rocked.

just food for thought
buzz
post #13 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Korn 7-string

Actually for the recording of first album Head used a les paul and Munky used either a vintage or vintage reissue tele and for the Blind intro Munky used an old silvertone guitar(just thought I would add that in). For those who can't tell I'm kinda a Korn fan.
post #14 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 11:47 AM

Korn 7-string

Wait a sec though Noodles
It is true that they used those guitars for parts of the album, but to say that thats all they used is false.
They've been using 7-stringers for years.
I'm not trying to argue or anything, but i have about 15 articles on Korn from that time, and thats what they informed me of.
Really I could care less. There sound live is about the same as the album (if you can really come that close to studio sound) and they use Blaze pu's there.

buzz
post #15 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 01:21 PM

Korn 7-string

I'm going to try to ask this question without being overly offensive...
Does it matter to any of you whose sig models you are supporting?
I know Vai fans are probably more likely to lean towards Jems and Universes compared with the average guitar player, and Satch fans naturally gravitate toward JS, etc.
But how about when its the other way around? No offense to Korn fans and I don't want to start a flame war, but they do absolutely nothing for me musically or otherwise. I don't like the music, respect the playing, or like the way they seem to carry themselves. I know many of you do, and I respect your right to do so. Ice Cream.
I am strictly a 7 string player at this point. I cannot imagine myself buying a 6 in the near future, and Ibanez has just retired the 7620. There is still a decent selection of 7s to be had, but I'm afraid that its going to be for 7s soon as it is now for leftys. Take what you can get and hope for some nice models every now and then. So when Ibanez introduces a new 7, I take notice...
Anyway, I'm curious to see how I react to the K-7. How easy will it be to get past my feelings on Korn? Much easier if it doesn't actually say Korn on it I would guess, but I don't know.
Superficial, I know. Sue me.
Are there many Vai haters here that are still Jem/Universe fanatics?

Tags
allan holdsworth , angled jack , blaze pickups , body shape , bridge pickup , bridge position , dimarzio paf , distortion pedal , edge trem , electric guitar , eric clapton , fixed bridge , fret markers , guitar mag , guitar playing , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , jeff beck , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , les paul , mahogany body , malmsteen strat , maple neck , monkey grip , neck binding , pickup switch , pickup switching , playing guitar , pointy headstock , pro edge , production model , prog rock , ray vaughan , signature guitar , signature strat , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , sunburst finish , trem arm , tremolo arm , white pickguard , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode