Korn, Pre K7 wood types? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Korn, Pre K7 wood types?

I'm looking to nail that pre K7 korn tone, and I'm wondering what kind of wood they were using before they contracted the K7. I know they were using 2 blaze necks, but I don't know what wood type. If they were using bass wood, it's fine becasue I can just through the blazes into my 1527, but if they were using mahogony, or even some other kind of wood I may have a problem lol.....

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Banned

Basswood, for most I believe. They used to use UVs, so...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:36 PM

why on earth would you want that tone?
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogcreature
why on earth would you want that tone?
Because it rocks?

Seriously, I love Korn, and think Head and Munky always get pretty good heavy tones, and lots of... interesting? ones as well.

For reference, my RG2027 (mahogany) with the Blaze Bridge can nail that old-school Korn tone (along with many others, of course. Especially the Petrucci "Lie" rhythm tone ) Think "Faget."
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Banned

I don't like their tone either, but it's basswood. Actually, you should be able to get it with mahogany, too, because it is kind of a squishy tone.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:46 PM

it does not rock, and shouldnt be compared to petruccis either. thats a good tone.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 06:27 PM

Quote:
it does not rock, and shouldnt be compared to petruccis either. thats a good tone.
And that's opinion. Not fact. You've stated yours, now give it a rest, you don't need to try to convert people
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 06:36 PM

actually, in freak on a leash, the heavy part after jonathan is done making the weird noises, thats a good tone- what guitars were they using, that sounds cool
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Banned

Whoa, good god, chill out.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 06:59 PM

Quote:
actually, in freak on a leash, the heavy part after jonathan is done making the weird noises, thats a good tone- what guitars were they using, that sounds cool
I thought you hated Korn and Korn's sound...how is it you would know this?

Just messing with you, that's their RG-7 customs or their UVs, not sure which, either way it's Blazes and Basswood.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Banned

AND studio production, which is probably the most important factor there. You can make anything sound like anything in the studio.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 08:34 PM

i dont hate korn honestly, i give them some credit, they may not be super awesome players, but they can make some catchy parts, i like teh heaviness.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
i dont hate korn honestly, i give them some credit, they may not be super awesome players, but they can make some catchy parts, i like teh heaviness.
Well I hate them enough for everyone in this entire forum
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredgod
Quote:
Well I hate them enough for everyone in this entire forum

Well, Two Hands and I probably love them enough to be a two man Korn fan club, but that was still a funny line!

Of course, now I must kill you.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 02:16 PM

I like shredgod now lol...
But it seems like they dont really, you know, put the 7 to use. it just seems like you could do that stuff with a baritone.

Tags
blaze bridge , blaze neck , bridge position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode