Kramer 7 Strings - www.musicyo.com - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Kramer 7 Strings - www.musicyo.com

Hi guys...

I'd like to know, what do you think about the guitar...

The $$$ is not bad... I think is cheaper than an Ibanez.

Or do you recomend something else...???

thanks

Angelo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 06:48 AM

Kramer 7 Strings

Here's the specs if people are too lazy to search for it.

Striker FR-2027S (7-String) Electric Guitar
Neck: Canadian Hard Maple
Neck Profile: Elliptical, Slim-Taper
Construction: Bolt-On *
Body: North American Alder
Neck Pickup: Open-Coil Humbucker (N7P) *
Bridge Pickup: Open-Coil Humbucker (B7P)
Controls: 3-Way Pickup Selector
Master Volume
MasterTone *
Bridge: Kramer Licensed Floyd Rose - 7 Tremolo
Machine Heads: * * Gotoh SG
Nut: Floyd Rose Locking Nut
Nut Width: 1.89"
Frets: 24 - Jumbo Nickel/Steel
Headstock: 14 degree pitch
Reverse, Pointy
Fingerboard: 24 fret, Indian Rosewood
F/B Radius: 16"
Scale Length: 25.5"
F/B Inlay: Pearl Dots
Finishes: Metallic Black
Price: USD$229.99

To tell you the truth, it's a ridiculously low price for a guitar like this. It may be Korean made, but I think that's just so much hype. Sure, it isn't a 7620, but for that price, I'm shocked to see what it does have. It looks great, and the specs aren't too shabby. If you want, you can always change the pups later... :biggrin:

What's your main concern? quality? or price? If the former, then go for an Ibanez. If the latter, then go for the Kramer. I don't think it can be all that bad considering what you're paying for...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:58 PM

Kramer 7 Strings

Maybe as a starter guitar but I just have a hard time believing that anything that cheap is really of any quality.

I know that's a horrible stereotype but it's burned into my brain! I can't help it! :loco:
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 02:39 AM

Kramer 7 Strings

Consider that a Floyd Rose 7 will cost you about $150, and that leaves about $79 for everything else! What a deal!
G.M.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 02:41 AM

Kramer 7 Strings

The guitar actually looks pretty good. I had some Kramers in the 80s that were nice, but I haven't played a new one in years.

(Edited by wyzenhymer at 11:46 pm on July 10, 2001)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Kramer 7 Strings

Hi guys...
I just think that, if in the end you don't like how the guitar sounds, you can always put other PU'S (Ibanez) and still see...
You can also buy a new Body from Warmud or so and see...
The Price makes me crazy....
I'll try it and tell you later...

the only problem is, that I'm in Germany, and Musicyo Europe doesn't have the Guitar at the Moment...

But I'll go for it!!!

Angelo
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 07:18 AM

Kramer 7 Strings

I've got one, it was my 7-String learner. *I'm now getting a secondhand UV777BK though. *It's not bad, and it fact 100% excellent for the price, but the pick-ups are a bit weak. *The neck shape is very comfortable, but unfortunately mine is pretty uneven, leaving me with very bad action for my low strings. *In theory, the neck shape would be excellent for ultra-low action, but they'd have to do a better job of fretting the guitar (which they can't at that ridiculously low price). *I'd say, if you want to know what a 7-stringer plays like, but don't want to shell out a lot of money, this is a pretty good bet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 01:12 PM

Kramer 7 Strings

Huh, I bought a Kramer from that site.. a 6 string V shape one. Cos I wanted a V and if I don't like it my friend will be happy to take it. I played it for 10 minutes and gave it to my friend with no regret.
It has to be one of the worst build guitar I played for ages. That's the price you pay and that's the quality you get. If you have an Ibanez, don't buy it cos you gonna hate it.
It's really a beginner guitar, the construction are worst than anything, electronics everything...

I won't expect much from any of those Kramers...

Last edited by SHREDlamode; 01-11-2007 at 09:52 AM.

Tags
bridge pickup , electric guitar , floyd rose , locking nut , low strings , neck pickup , neck shape

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode