kramer striker - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up kramer striker

so, recently i have been looking online and i went to musicansfriend.com and noticed they are selling kramer strikers fr-424cm on their site, I also noticed they are 350.00 usd. so i thought what the heck i would pick one up. It came in and let me say this thing is beast. it keeps up with any other higher end guitars I have. the stock pick ups were a little muddy and i have replaced them with emg 81 and 85s with a emg s single coil in the middle. it was 300 dollar pickups on a 350 dollar guitar, however now this thing is my axe of choice it keeps up quite well i got it originally to just check it out and learn my guitar tech skill on while installing pick ups and what not. ive recently thought about adding a floyd rose pro to it just to mess around and have a project. but the licensed floyd on it keeps it in tune great and sounds amazing. so long story short, yes i know they are made in Indonesia, yes i know it was a 350 dollar guitar, no i did not expect to become a kramer fanatic at all. But this has changed me! if you get the chance jam one or if you got the cash order one, you will enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: kramer striker

Glad to hear someone's happy with the new era Kramers. A Kramer Focus 1000 was my second guitar back in 1985, then a Pacer Deluxe in 87--back when Kramer was it's own company but using ESP parts. Once they went under in the early 90s, they were never the same. Last I heard, they were owned by Gibson--not sure if they still do or not.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

yeah they still are actually ran by gibson since they dug them out of the bankruptcy in the early 90's. i would love to get my hands on a vintage kramer! i just havent found the right one yet haha
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 AM

Reviews: 4

I was expecting you to say it played like crap lol.I wish they used esp parts in them.I want to play a guitar with a flicker tremolo so bad But Gibson would never do that.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

^that would be a dream lulz
=^_^=
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 PM

Strikers are nice. The older ones have REALLY nice necks

Tags
fr424cm , kramer , striker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode