Krik Hammett Mummy Guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Krik Hammett Mummy Guitar

anyone ever seen i copy anywhere? i know kirk own the right ,but anyone tried making a copy or seen 1 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 04:55 PM

Re: Krik Hammett Mummy Guitar

Never seen one, aint gonna see one. Kirk owns the rights (as you said) and therefore, as far as I know, no-one is allowed to copy it. Full stop. Thats why he purchased the rights to it. So no-one can have another one made.

I may be wrong. But I am 95% sure thats the situation.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 PM

I rembember I have seen one for sale for over 4 grant. But can't remeber where (magazine or www?) :-(.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 AM

If you have seen one for sale, I am guessing it may have been one of Kirks actual guitars. And thats why it was 4 grand. I am pretty sure that Kirk has had about 4 or 5 of them over the years. But I have never seen one for sale ever, and I am pretty sure it is because Kirk owns the rights to the image. And therefore it is not allowed for anyone to copy the design.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 05:25 AM
dex

I saw you guys chat about the KHII Ouija in another thread and decided to chime in with some info.
The ESP custom shop will paint any design (that's ANY design) on guitar for you including the Mummy and Ouija.
ESP is a Japanese company and copiright works differently in Japan so if you are willing to drop $$$, ESP will build you an exact replica of the KHII Mummy.

If you desire a cheaper replica consider getting a regular KHII (Or MII or LTD202/502/602) and sticking a Mummy poster on it.
There was a guy selling a Spiderman RG on evilbay and there are a few people that will do that and it'll look quite professional.

Last edited by dex; 07-29-2015 at 07:25 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
I saw you guys chat about the KHII Ouija in another thread and decided to chime in with some info.
The ESP custom shop will paint any design (that's ANY design) on guitar for you including the Mummy and Ouija.
ESP is a Japanese company and copiright works differently in Japan so if you are willing to drop $$$, ESP will build you an exact replica of the KHII Mummy.
But it ain't cheap .

Regards

André

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:22 AM

It sounds like you want a Kirk Hammet guitar of some sort anyway. If I was you I would just go with a KH2. They are getting to be quite common on the second-hand market, and they usually only go for about £800. And for what you are getting, thats alot of guitar. The LTD models are good too, but they aint the real deal ESP. The quality of the real ESP would be far better.

Even though the Mummy graphic may be possible. You would have to somehow get in contact with ESP Japan, and their customshop, and get them to build you one. Not only would it cost you a fortune, but it would be hassle beyond belief. And unless you really want one, and you really have the cash spare, it just aint worth it.

A KH2 is the best way to get the Kirk vibe, feel, sound and look. And its the guitar that Kirk himself uses the most anyway. The only difference is the one he uses is heavily worn through heavy use and touring. And he has the "Caution Hot" and "Kirk's Guitar" stickers on it.

And you can buy those decals now anyway, so once you stick those on a KH2, you really do have the real deal. I dont see how ESP can charge an extra £1000+ for a relic finish and some stickers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:45 AM

Or get the KH2 and take it to any skilled painter for an original design...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
Or get the KH2 and take it to any skilled painter for an original design...
Another good idea, e.g. Jeremy at LGM.

Tags
custom shop , kirk hammet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode