Kudos to EBMM... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Kudos to EBMM...

Last week I got a great deal on a Petrucci (base model in red pearl burst). I'd wanted to try one for a while, and this seemed like a good opportunity (traded a Tokai LP). I've always liked the Luke and Morse models, but they never had a strong enough pull on me to actually get one.

This one has a couple dings on back (thanks, GC customers), but otherwise minty. The neck is covered with birdseye, and I really like the tone...I find that the neck is slightly narrower as you move up the neck than the Ibanez JPM, but still feels great. Overall quality is superb.

Anyway, got it home and noticed that the high E fretted out when bending at the 15th fret...tried a fresh set of strings and neck tweak, no luck. I emailed EBMM about this and received a response next day...friendly and fast. They are going to level & re-crown the frets...if that doesn't fix it, they'll replace the neck. I asked about fixing the finish dings, but didn't sound like they would do that. Then I mentioned the minor neck joint crack, which we Ibanez lovers are all too familiar with (EBMM forum scoop indicates the older cases were the cause). He said they would replace the body under warranty...and so the dings on back get fixed too!

I'll ship it off tomorrow or Fri, and should take 2-3 weeks. He even called right back to say that he'd order the body right away to expidite things. So far, I've been really impressed with not only the instrument, but especially the customer service.
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Vendor

Expect a 2-3 month wait on the body!

They crack when shipped in the new "sloppy fit" cases just like they did in the old "fit like a glove" ones.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

The neck joint crack really doesn't bother me at all...I'm just glad to get the dings fixed. As far as the wait, I have plenty of other fine instruments to keep me occupied in the mean time.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 01:38 AM

Hey Rich, why so long? We sent out a red body from a JPM 7-string and had it come back to us in 29 days. Maybe slow now to make things for NAMM?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Just picked it up from the mailroom at work...took 28 days door to door...no complaints! (I guess they make grouchy old men wait longer) I'm impressed with EBMM's quality & service.

It's a beauty and Jon set it up for really low action...feels incredibly smooth...and the new body is perfect.
Greg
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 08:32 PM

You can not beat EB/MM for customer service... If only Ibanez had service like that...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 12:09 AM

We just got a body replacement back yesterday from them. 31 days from the day we sent it out. Even though they are running production for NAMM orders already, they are still kicking ass at getting the job done...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 07:39 PM

Reviews: 3
that's what Ibanez should have been doing: replace the cracked bodies under warranty! I still don't understand how people can accept cracks in a $1000+ guitar...

seems like those EBMM guys are worth considering, even if they're way out of my pricerange...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 12:20 AM

So you didn't pay for any of this? So if they changed your neck and your body, you bassicly got a new guitar minus electronics! (?)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

I only paid for shipping (one way)...just the body was replaced.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 12:37 AM

I've always had amazing experiences with EBMM. I have 7 of their guitars that are the best guitars I've ever owned.
Comparing an Ibanez to a EBMM is like comparing a beat up Ford Pinto to a Ferarri. They are completely different leagues.
I ordered a custom made Axis last year, and when it came in it was set up like nothing I've ever played. A few weeks later I noticed an imperfection in the finish. I called them, I emailed high res pics. And 2 weeks later I had a brand new body at my door step with a pre paid RMA sticker for returning the body. I called them back and they said don't even bother sending back the old body. So I ordered another neck...LOL
EBMM is one of the best made and best customer oriented companies out there.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Sweet deal, Gearjunky. Amazing service...I guess that's easier when you're domestic and a bit smaller. Still trying to get used to the neck...I've always liked the 42mm nut, but this neck is narrower up the board too. Quality is fine.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjunky
I've always had amazing experiences with EBMM. I have 7 of their guitars that are the best guitars I've ever owned.
Comparing an Ibanez to a EBMM is like comparing a beat up Ford Pinto to a Ferarri..
I detect the smell of crack in the air
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
I detect the smell of crack in the air
Well, I used to own five Jems... Now I own Six EB/MM guitars... Gearjunkie's passion for Music Man guitars may have him exagerating a wee bit, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't go through all the pain and trouble of selling off the Jems to buy lesser instruments... the fact is that in my experience, there is a very real, very tangible difference between your average fresh outta the box Jem and your average fresh outta the box Axis, and the Jem does not suffer the comparison well... of course, if you were to compare your average fresh outta the box Axis to one of Rich's perfectly setup Jems or JSs, it might be a different story... Ultimately, for me it was a question of neck shape - the EB/MM necks just fit my hand too perfectly to resist - after years of battling carpal tunnel, I've found the necks for me...

Tags
ibanez jpm , neck joint , neck shape

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode