L.T.H.B. 7 strings? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

L.T.H.B. 7 strings?

Does anyone know where can I order Dean Markley LTHB 7 string sets?

I ordered from JustStrings ,but after 9 months from placing my order they are still "waiting to get them"..

Any other online international string shop?

thanks,

Flesh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:34 PM

Just go to your local guitar shop and get a Dean Markley L.T.H.B. 6-string set (10-56 I think?) and ask for a single .60 guage, that'll hold you over until you get your proper sets (even if the .60 isn't a Dean Markley).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks...thats what I do now...so it's not a rush...

But still I would like to get proper sets...

Alex
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 05:44 PM

9 months! I have been looking for the same strings and the only place that has them is juststrings but.....9 months! I was just about to order from them but I might keep looking around. Do they take this long for all strings or just this particular set?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 06:29 PM

I don't buy 7-string sets any more, mainly because i use heavier gauges than you can commonly get, but also because the string manufacturers probably won't be packaging 7-string sets forever, so i might as well get used to buying a 6 set and adding my own bottom string.

For the record, i use GHS Boomers, Medium, 11-50 with a .070 on the low B.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoods986
9 months! I have been looking for the same strings and the only place that has them is juststrings but.....9 months! I was just about to order from them but I might keep looking around. Do they take this long for all strings or just this particular set?
I think just this set from Dean Markley is somehow problematic...

Other people have ussualy good expiriences with JustStrings

Flesh
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 02:50 PM

I didn't realize it had been 8 months since this thread -lol. Since then, I have sold my RG7420 but picked up a fixed bridge 7-string that I'm looking to tune down a whole step, so I'm looking for these Dean Markley strings again. Well, I went to juststrings this morning and placed an order for 5 sets and they are on the way already. They may have just been out when you tried before (also, are you in the US?). If you're still looking, they have them now
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 05:45 AM

Like Darren, I make my own 7 string sets, but I order from juststrings.com, and every order has always been prompt. Occasionally something isn't in, so they ship what they have, but usually (always) they ship the missing string(s) to me after only a few days.

I use D'Addario XLS Stainless Steel Jazz .013-.056 (wound g), add a .070, and replace the two plain steel treble strings with D'Addario Electroplated .010 and .013 for the high e and b (these seem to last longer than conventional tin-dipped plain steels, and come in a nifty 5-pack). I tune down a whole step, drop C, and my B is at F.

I also use Elixir LTHB .010-.052, and add an Elixir .068. These also sound and feel great.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 11:24 AM

bit of an elixer fan, too, although I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for the .68 yet. The GHS 10-60 set I'm playing now feels pretty good, but i'm not sure how tighter I'd want to go, as I definitely begin to feel it in my fignertips after the first hour, still. Hopefully that'll go away with time...

Of coruse, you're the one who tunes to Gb, aren't you?

-D
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
bit of an elixer fan, too, although I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for the .68 yet. The GHS 10-60 set I'm playing now feels pretty good, but i'm not sure how tighter I'd want to go, as I definitely begin to feel it in my fignertips after the first hour, still. Hopefully that'll go away with time...

Of coruse, you're the one who tunes to Gb, aren't you?

-D
Well, I'm all growed up now! Gb is out, now it's F.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 10:19 AM

haha, excuse me, I'm a little out of touch, it appears.

I've been fighting the urge to start detuning myself, of late- my typical excuse was I stayed in standard so I could jam with other guitarists, but, well, I'm not currently playing with anyone, so...

It'd sure make legato a little easier, lol. 10-60's tuned to B definitely make for a bit of a fight.

-D

Tags
dean markley , fixed bridge , guitar shop , local guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode