LA Custom Shop Designed - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

LA Custom Shop Designed

I was just on Ibanez's Japan Web Site and saw something interesting. They have released new LA custom shop designed guitars. One is called the RG7CSD2. It looks like a 1077XL but in black. What's cool about this thing is that it has a Dimarzio Air Norton 7 in the neck position and a Tone Zone 7 in the bridge. Sure wish the thing was available here in the States!
Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 05:07 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

if you look at that page, "010~.056. 27" " appears. i guess that this says 7string xl guits uses 010-056 gauge strings.

did you see the s series six string xl? it says "010~.046. 27" " so i guess 6string xl guits use 010-046 gauge strings.

(Edited by getthis at 4:16 pm on Feb. 19, 2001)
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 06:22 PM

Reviews: 2
LA Custom Shop Designed

What is the url for the japanese website?
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 08:44 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

www.ibanez.co.jp
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 09:10 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

The Japanese site really does have some stunning guitars.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2001, 11:17 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

Thanks noodles. Im sure it does have some nice guitars.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2001, 11:35 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

I just cheacked it out and I am blown away. The site is better, the guitars are better...whats up with that?
Seems like Ibanez is giving us the shaft.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 12:04 AM
Vendor

LA Custom Shop Designed

This has been stated so many times on the Forum it's getting old. Hoshino USA is a distributor, they import what they believe they can sell as does Chesbro. The 2 distributors get together twice a year to decide what models they will import and creat the US catalog. NO they don't want to import every model Ibanez makes. Through experience they know what will just sit in their warehouse and collect dust. Distributors don't like that, you wouldn't either if you were paying the interest! Most of you guys will say, "if they made XYZ I'd buy it!" great, you and who else?? Most of you guys will pick a model you see from the Japanese site and say, "why don't we get that? I'd buy it!" Great, you and who else?? If you want something you see on there, ORDER IT!! From Japan!
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 12:19 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
LA Custom Shop Designed

Note to all - Please re-read what Rich just typed
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 12:27 AM

Reviews: 3
LA Custom Shop Designed

Note to all - forget everything else... just re-read the last full sentence of Rich's post. *

(Edited by jay ratkowski at 10:27 pm on Feb. 20, 2001)
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 02:03 AM

LA Custom Shop Designed

Too bad you can't have your local Ibanez dealer order one from a Japanese dealer, I would be more than happy to pay s&h and whatever other charges their are if I saw something I really liked and all sides would *profit. Unless their is something I'm missing. Even though I'm one of the ones wanting the Japanese models here I don't think I would use it unless they got an s series 7 string w/a lo pro.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 08:45 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

Come on Rich, take it easy. You are a dealer and it is so much easier for you to aquire pieces that we (the general us consumer) can't. I don't give a crap how many times its been said. Hell maybe I should word it differently. How bout Hoshino USA and Chesbro are giving us the shaft by importing the same lame ***** when there are better ibanez guitars out there. Hell if you've seen this comment so many times then obviously it means something...hmm...why? because we (jemsite citizens) are the freakin ibanez consumers. If they imported "XYZ" im sure a whole ***** load of people would buy it. Im surprised that a very successful and recommended ibanez dealer like yourself would lash out in such a way. *

(Edited by megawzrd at 7:47 pm on Feb. 21, 2001)

(Edited by jemsite at 7:50 pm on Feb. 21, 2001)
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 08:49 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
LA Custom Shop Designed

RULE of common sense
if the curse filter stars out a word you need never type that again here, or expect an instant 14-day ban. This is the first and last warning... glen
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 08:55 PM
Vendor

LA Custom Shop Designed

You're quite wrong dude. If I want something *from another market I have to do the same thing you do, order it from THERE!! Not to blow your bubble, but the Jemsite audience is about 1/10th of 1% of the Ibanez buying 'public' in the US. You're not getting the shaft, they offer what they think they can sell. Want something different?? GO ORDER IT!! The guitars available overseas aren't any *better*, they're just *different*!!
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 09:11 PM

LA Custom Shop Designed

Um yeah, and your current statement is different from your last one how. "Go Order It!" 1/10 of 1% dont give me that bull, you could have said 1% or whatever but your gross exaggeration doesn't prove your point. *Maybe "better looking" gave me the right to put "better", looks play a hell of a roll in how you feel about your guitar and the emotion you put into your playing.

Yeah thanks for the warning glen. :sarcasm: *

oh yeah baby i can see a ban coming

Tags
air norton , chrome hardware , custom shop , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , gauge strings , guitar shop , hoshino usa , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , les paul , local music store , music store , neck position , swirled jem , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode