The Last RG2027 - *classy - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

The Last RG2027 - *classy

Just took home a new RG2027 a few days ago. It came in last Friday at the Store. I had Ordered 2 of them, yet only one came because Hoshino is out of them now.

Glad I went and picked one up, I cought the Tail end of them and this 7 String is Excellent!! I had never seen one in person until mine arrived, 100% smokin machine! Same day I got it home, I also got an Ibanez SDR1000 Stereo Reverb Rack unit off Ebay, so it was a great day of awesome gear and many quality tones.

Just can't stop playing this Guitar, the Clean sounds are so sweet! Like to get another one and, drop in a single coil in the center, Put in all Dimarzios, have it swirled and have Glow in the Dark inlays down the Board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 12:47 AM

The Last RG2027

Rodney-
Congrats on the killer 2027! *

I know you may detest me, but I'd suggest you try out the KJG Wiring Modification to your 2027. *I know your playing demands the utmost in versatility...and the KJG Wiring Mod give you more options than a new Mercedes. *:-)

If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Again, congrats, and enjoy the new ride.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 12:45 PM

The Last RG2027

and dont drop it !!!

mine fell off my guitar stand last night onto a music stand and it has a big chip in it - was not pleased (quote '****,****' unquote) still it ws bound to happen one day
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

The Last RG2027

Thanks Kevan! *Ya know really, I don't detest you or anyone here at all, we have had our share of breaking points, but any friendship at any level, big or small, has moments going into the valley, We all can move on and grow from it and perhaps stand on the top of a Mountain together one day.
*I think if one day I can get to a Jemfest, we all would realize perhaps each one of us may not be what impressions were left here on this Forum. I will be the first to say im not to good at reading and wrighting things properly through this little plastic box.

So, like mods? *I like Mods,,this Guitar is so awesome already! Mods would even be more exciting, what does it do and where can I get it? Thanks for letting me know, Your right, I desire as many tones as possiable for the different moods and reflections of the Music.

Sorry to hear about the fall Mr one less, hope she is ok.

I just can't stop playing this 2027, the tone, sustain, and the class of Her looks, wow! I had thought I had all my rig ready for Flight, until *got this sweety, now I must build up an acoustic Rig.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 01:50 PM

The Last RG2027

Rodney-
Check the following links:

KJG Wiring Modification
http://jemsiteforum.com/discus/messa...html?975935453

Wiring Breakdown for KJG Modification
http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic....&topic=404

If you have any questions (as to tech, or tone), feel free to contact me.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 01:56 PM

The Last RG2027

she's ok im annoyed ha ha ha

what was you thinking off for the acoustic rig ? seperates, combo ?

im looking for advice on speakers and preamp
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

The Last RG2027

Kevan, Thanks a lot! I will get right on it.

One Less, I was thinking a Carvin combo or something like that since my electric rig is a little complex, add an Ibanez SDR1000 Stereo reverb, cuz man I just got one in my electric rig and it sounds so warm and professional! Like a $2000 Lexicon in tonal quality.

Yet I still have to do my homework on the Acoustic rig, cuz I never have liked the Sound of Acoustic guitars, so i don't know a lot about getting the great sounds. I love the Acoustic sound on the 2027, it' not a true, it's a mix between Acoustic and Electric, just perfect! IMO....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 01:56 PM

The Last RG2027

Hey Kevan,

Any word yet on a stereo barrel jack for the 2027??

Tags
acoustic guitar , kjg wiring mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode