Left Hand RG 7620 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Left Hand RG 7620

Wondered if anyone can tell me anything about left handed RG 7620's.I have one which I purchased from a guy out of the personal ads in guitarist magazine a good few years back.I know about the body/neck/ fretboard/hardware/pickups etc,just wanted to know if Ibanez made many,and if so were they a limited run or were they built to special order only.Any info most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 05:34 PM

Reviews: 6
Re: Left Hand RG 7620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Steve View Post
Wondered if anyone can tell me anything about left handed RG 7620's.I have one which I purchased from a guy out of the personal ads in guitarist magazine a good few years back.I know about the body/neck/ fretboard/hardware/pickups etc,just wanted to know if Ibanez made many,and if so were they a limited run or were they built to special order only.Any info most appreciated.
This is so awesome!!!! Yo my name is Steve and i am a lefty too!!!!! I am not to sure about this model that you are asking about bro, but as i am a lefty i am more than interested!!!! Post some pics if you can please!!!!!! Ibanez rules!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rglover; 03-17-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Steve View Post
Hey Steve,
Got any pics? I have owned two RG 7420L's, but have never seen a 7620 lefty.

There werent many of the 7420's (made in Japan) in a lefty, and I had to get mine by auction. Recently sold one and refinished the other. Metallic black gets tiring on the eyes after a while. Then again, most lefty guitars are black, and a limited run.

Keep sharing the lefty stuff.

I got ET Guitars building me a 6 string Ibanez style right now. Almost complete. The prelim pics are cool.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Heys guys,thanks for the interest.I do have pictures but need to take better ones as the finish on the guitar is that dark grey colour.I took a picture recently using a flash and it made the finish look sparkly.As soon as I take some good pictures I will add them.As to other lefty guitars I own I have 15 at the moment but am waiting to receive a Lefty Schecter Loomis FR today so that will make 16.Purchased from drumcityguitarland,you guys in the states have some great lefty dealers,not like here in the UK.If you wanna know what other lefty models I have should I post here or is there a dedicated what guitars do you own thread.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:26 PM

I'd say it's about 95% certain that it was just mislabelled and it is in fact an RG7420, the finish is exactly the same as the one Scott/Koss on here bought. You see this all the time with a lot of the right-handed ones especially, and some of them even have mismatched necks (i.e. 7620 neck on a 7420 body/hardware). You'd be able to tell from the bridge being a Lo-TRS7 and not an Lo-Pro Edge and a few other identifiers.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

I think your right dreaming neon black,don't know why I never noticed it before but the trem is the Lo TRS.Do you know what the else would identify this as an RG 7420.I always thought it was a 7620, serial# is F0021366 with Japan underneath the number.And the other thing is what is the resale value of this guitar as I am looking to sell it on.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:09 PM

It is probably the 7420. Those were made in japan for sure.

Last I saw, the auction sites had them up around $600 in great condition. Their real value is in what you make them into with customized options.

2000 was the year. Many of the righty 7420's went for closeout around $300 at one time, so $500 - $600 for the leftys sound about right by now. However, I have had many questions about mine over the years. The other one I sold was the custom JPM graphic done by Jeremy in Canada. I sold it for $1200, and then the new owner tried to get $1500 for it about a year later.

Steve, PM me if you are seriously looking to unload it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:49 PM

Basically the ONLY production lefty 7 that Ibanez has ever made is the RG7420. I have seen two custom lefty 7's for endorsees; a 1077XL that someone here owned a few years back, and an RG7321.

If your guitar looks like this:

...it's a 7420.

Tags
left handed rg 7620

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode