Left hand square heel neck on right hand body - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
VCR

Left hand square heel neck on right hand body

So.

It looks to me that a left handed square heel neck will fit a right handed body.

In discussion is a '91 RG550 square heel body and I want to fit a left handed neck on it. I have run the possible failures in this thought and I don't see one. Linear holes for neck mounting so why not?

Anyone ever done this?

The whole upside down Ibanez logo and other things is the point. The more effed up the better in my world of guitar building.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 AM

Reviews: 11
Re: Left hand square heel neck on right hand body

it should be alright. im pretty sure people have done it before
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
VCR

^^^^

I hear you.

What do you think my cost is on a lefty neck? Under 2 bills is my thought + half a year of looking.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 AM

Anything left handed comes with a premium price, as well as searching forever as you are aware. As for what it will cost ya, it depends on the series, condition and year I would guess.
It might be easier and cheaper to make your own from warmoth or something.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 02:00 AM

Reviews: 11

you could look for one thats beat to s**t (but still straight and usable of course) and refinish it. or if the reverse headstock is what your after, look for an rg565 neck
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
you could look for one thats beat to s**t (but still straight and usable of course) and refinish it. or if the reverse headstock is what your after, look for an rg565 neck
I'll have to post pics of the body. Think your mouth will drop. Beat to **** is an understatement.

Body stripped, burnt on a stove then pitched out the window and sat out in the weather for a couple months. Even has mold!

I'll get the project thread started soon. I have some bodies buried in the back yard right now. Can't get enough of the opposite of eye candy (of coarse playing perfect).
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 PM

find a lefty and trade
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCR View Post
I'll have to post pics of the body. Think your mouth will drop. Beat to **** is an understatement.

Body stripped, burnt on a stove then pitched out the window and sat out in the weather for a couple months. Even has mold!

I'll get the project thread started soon. I have some bodies buried in the back yard right now. Can't get enough of the opposite of eye candy (of coarse playing perfect).

Like the sound of that
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCR View Post
Can't get enough of the opposite of eye candy (of coarse playing perfect).
I'm down with that - and I've done it on the lefty neck, righty body before (I traded this towards my PGM301). Worked out great, sounded awesome, and was fun to play (not sure why it's only got one string in this pic):

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
VCR

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/vcr3/

Too many beers and a stove equals...

Not to mention I was ticked off by the tons of body filler I found (from the factory). Tossed it out the window and it sat in the weather for some time. Gave her a rescue and I will piece together when I finish what I'm working on now.

Thanks for the pic pf the left handed neck on body. I am inspired.

Last edited by VCR; 05-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode