Left handed 7 string owner here! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Left handed 7 string owner here!

Yes, I am cursed to be left-handed.

However, I love my guitar. A few years back, I managed to get my hands on one of the few ESP M-207s made in left-handed configuration.

I know this is an Ibanez website, and I'd love to own an Ibanez 7 eventually, but my choices are very limited.

I actually found this site while looking for an RG7420L and thought this would be a great resource.

Anyone else have and/or seen (in person) a 7-string lefty? I know Carvin makes them (not a fan), ESP made 2-3 models for a short production run, and Ibanez made 1 or 2 models that I've found. Any others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 04:47 PM

Re: Left handed 7 string owner here!

The RG7421 is the only 7 string that was ever made as a lefty. The downside of the model is that it has a TRS 7 trem. But I did get lucky on **** last year and got a lefty RG1077XL from an Ibanez endorsee .

Regards

André

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Hello, fellow lefty. Yes, unless you see a used RG7420 on the 'bay or for sale somewhere, you're not going to have much luck with Ibanez, sadly.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
The RG7421 is the only 7 string that was ever made as a lefty. The downside of the model is that it has a TRS 7 trem. But I did get lucky on **** last year and got a lefty RG1077XL from an Ibanez endorsee .

Regards

André
Andre, you have to have one of the most beautiful left handed 7-strings ever. The 1077XLRB is a very attractive guitar. Lucky.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:35 PM

Number 2 is coming soon (I know I keep saying but it is true ).

Regards

André

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:13 PM

That's your Universe LGM copy right? Or should I say left haha.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming_neon_black
That's your Universe LGM copy right? Or should I say left haha.
Yes you are correct .

Regards

André

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 AM

I am left handed as well, hail lefty's of the world! I know Shecter makes a couple of 7 string lefty's, I was olding out for an Ibanez but that won't happen this year so I think I'm going to go with a c-7 black jack because I want a seven bad. I like some things about the Carvins but asthedically they aren't appealing to me. If I could get one with a trem on it then I would get one but quality 7 string trems lefty are pretty much non-existant. The LGM's look really cool, Leviathans. Plus you can get whatever you want for the cash. I wish I could just come across a trem though. (no licenced crap!)-have seen this at parts depot or something I believe. Esp's are out there, very rare. Ibanez rare! You could get a Jackson one custom built too but look out on the price!!! Same with B.C. Rich. I saw a Brian Moore 7 lefty a while back as well. Bernie Rico Jr. and Moser make one, money!!! Plus a Moser is a three year waiting list. Money/value speaking wise you really should consider a Shecter blackjack. Good pick-ups and weight. Biggest drawback is that I believe they are built in Korea(not sure), if that's true then it's a bit of a risk finding one you like but you should be able to find one if you play a couple in a shop or something.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:25 AM

I think you might have better luck finding one overseas.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daturadeth
I am left handed as well, hail lefty's of the world! I know Shecter makes a couple of 7 string lefty's, I was olding out for an Ibanez but that won't happen this year so I think I'm going to go with a c-7 black jack because I want a seven bad. I like some things about the Carvins but asthedically they aren't appealing to me. If I could get one with a trem on it then I would get one but quality 7 string trems lefty are pretty much non-existant. The LGM's look really cool, Leviathans. Plus you can get whatever you want for the cash. I wish I could just come across a trem though. (no licenced crap!)-have seen this at parts depot or something I believe. Esp's are out there, very rare. Ibanez rare! You could get a Jackson one custom built too but look out on the price!!! Same with B.C. Rich. I saw a Brian Moore 7 lefty a while back as well. Bernie Rico Jr. and Moser make one, money!!! Plus a Moser is a three year waiting list. Money/value speaking wise you really should consider a Shecter blackjack. Good pick-ups and weight. Biggest drawback is that I believe they are built in Korea(not sure), if that's true then it's a bit of a risk finding one you like but you should be able to find one if you play a couple in a shop or something.
Regarding lefty 7 sstring trems. Rumor has it that Floyd Rose will doing lefty 7 string trems pretty soon. Other option would be to buy a righty lo pro edge or original edge and drill the extra hole. This is what ibanez has done on my lefty RG1077XL.

Regards

André

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:34 AM

I would rather wait to see if Floyd makes a lefty 7, primarily because Ibanez 7 trems are really expensive and I would feel kind of sick ruining the look of one of those especially after laying down the cash. They are very comfortable trems though. Not to sound like a broken record but come on Ibanez! They could corner the market for seven string left handers out there. I though we were on our way to getting one when the prestige 1570l came out, I guess not.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 10:19 AM

i dont understand left handed guitar players

i have a friend who learned to play normally even though he is left handed and he has no problems playing guitar that way... why not to do like him and youll have the ablility to play every guitar in the world

duuuh
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:14 AM

we could learn the luither trade to build are guitar's before geting one from lgm lol
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaLDeZ
i dont understand left handed guitar players

i have a friend who learned to play normally even though he is left handed and he has no problems playing guitar that way... why not to do like him and youll have the ablility to play every guitar in the world

duuuh
Why don't you try playing left handed yourself? Some people can play both, some can't. Just how it is. I don't think I should have to change, I'm comfortable with my left hand now. I am the consumer, the industry should cater to me.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 04:41 PM

amen broskie.... same for me....when i went to music store for first guitar..and played the lefty.it felt natural

Tags
brian moore , floyd rose , guitar players , left handed guitar , locking nut , music store , playing guitar , pro edge , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode