Lefty RG-470 MIJ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Lefty RG-470 MIJ?

Where do the comments about MIJ hybrid Korean body come from?
What is the proof that my F serial number RG isn't fully made in the Fuji-Jen factory?
Why would they use a Korean body?
The Lo-Trs is Takeuchi, only problem I've read about bridge I can possibley substantiate is weak bridge posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Lefty RG-470 MIJ?

Huh? Not quite sure what you are asking here, you're not very clear.

Hybrid MIJ with Korean body? If you have an F stamped guitar its from Japan.

The only thing I can think of hybrid that you're getting confused by is maybe some posts I've made in the past about Korean RG 470. It's got a Japanese neck new from the factory. Sometimes back then there were issues with Korean neck supply (rare I'd imagine) so some Japanese made necks were brought in. They are still stamped with a C serial number though.
LonePhantom is online  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Somebody at some point had posted that the Japanese RG470's had Korean bodies and Japanese necks. This never made sense to me, especially as there is nothing indicating this fact on the guitars, i.e., MIK stamp or the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Huh? Not quite sure what you are asking here, you're not very clear.

Hybrid MIJ with Korean body? If you have an F stamped guitar its from Japan.

The only thing I can think of hybrid that you're getting confused by is maybe some posts I've made in the past about Korean RG 470. It's got a Japanese neck new from the factory. Sometimes back then there were issues with Korean neck supply (rare I'd imagine) so some Japanese made necks were brought in. They are still stamped with a C serial number though.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 10:43 PM

I've never heard that. I'd be interested to see a reference to that.
LonePhantom is online  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/ib...mij-90343.html

Quote:
I've never heard that. I'd be interested to see a reference to that.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 04:32 AM

That's one mention. I wouldn't stake anything on that.
LonePhantom is online  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

You stirred the pot with this: 'Some must have come with Japanese Wizard necks, I personally have one of these I bought brand new back in 1995'.

Then you didn't reply to his last query, it certainly would lead one to believe the ridiculous and unfounded hybrid guitar theory.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550L View Post
You stirred the pot with this: 'Some must have come with Japanese Wizard necks, I personally have one of these I bought brand new back in 1995'.

Then you didn't reply to his last query, it certainly would lead one to believe the ridiculous and unfounded hybrid guitar theory.
I never stirred the pot, and if you are reading into it in that way I'd suggest you take a moment, and read again. I didn't say I had an F serial number 470 with a Korean body. I said I had a Korean 470 that came with a Japanese neck. As I already mentioned I reckoned there was an issue with the neck, or a batch of necks, and as a result that meant that mine and maybe a handful of others (I think I've seen one other person mention having the same thing) ended up with a Japanese neck.

Also, I didn't see why I needed to respond to the last post as I had no info on whether or not MIJ 470s used MIK bodys, because as far as I'm concerned that never happened. Obviously no one else believes it either, otherwise if someone had info on it they would have replied.

It's not some conspiracy theory.
LonePhantom is online  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

I just acquired a near mint lefty MIJ RG470 and 1550ML, both original owners.
The Takeuchi on the RG470 is blocked and no matter how much abuse is inflicted upon it, I can't get it to go out of tune.
I have it tuned to Eb for Van Halen wankerisms and the 1550ML is tuned to regular A440.

The 1550ML w/Edge Pro is the best floating trem I've ever owned, locking or not.

I guess I'm just frustrated at the bashing the 470 takes cause I want to be at peace with dumping $ into it. But hey, they were good enough for Kirk Hammett and Dave Navarro among others so what the heck.

Quote:
I never stirred the pot, and if you are reading into it in that way I'd suggest you take a moment, and read again. I didn't say I had an F serial number 470 with a Korean body. I said I had a Korean 470 that came with a Japanese neck. As I already mentioned I reckoned there was an issue with the neck, or a batch of necks, and as a result that meant that mine and maybe a handful of others (I think I've seen one other person mention having the same thing) ended up with a Japanese neck.

Also, I didn't see why I needed to respond to the last post as I had no info on whether or not MIJ 470s used MIK bodys, because as far as I'm concerned that never happened. Obviously no one else believes it either, otherwise if someone had info on it they would have replied.

It's not some conspiracy theory.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Why be frustrated? If you are happy with your guitar why do you care about what other people think? People take this Internet thing too seriously, and are way too affected by what others say on things that would never have bothered us pre-Internet.
LonePhantom is online  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

It was frustrating being lefty and actually getting back to Ibanez with a near mint example from 2000 only to see Lo TRS bashing. After much research the only thing I could find was possibly softer bridge posts. Just don't know what to believe on this trem.

Researching the Japanese TRS Lo trem was an arduous task. I think it's a good product after all. But at first I was really wondering about it after reading all negative press.

People were confusing it with the Lo TRS II.

Quote:
Why be frustrated? If you are happy with your guitar why do you care about what other people think? People take this Internet thing too seriously, and are way too affected by what others say on things that would never have bothered us pre-Internet.

Tags
470 korea body japan neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode