LGM Guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Post LGM Guitars

Hey all, I've been searching for a custom builder to make me an ax for some time now. I've checked lots of companies, many of them specialize in basses (fodera, rob allen.) Sadly these companies weren't quite guitar-centric enough to allow me to breathe easy. I don't deny the quality of their workmanship at all, quite the contrary actually. But I digress, the main thing is that I don't know a lot about this company. I definetly have a great feeling about LGM because they're featured on this great site dedicated to great guitars. I'd still like some testimonials about their Leviathan line of guitars. If anybody has had one made or gotten the oppourtunity to play one please let me know what you think. I was especially wondering if anybody knew if they could do a few things I had in mind properly. Let me run down the prefered specs:
7-string/6-string (haven't decided yet)
32 frets (scalloped from 15-32)
those are really the only fancy things I'd want.
I'm also considering having a strat like instrument made by a Fender master builder, if anyone has any experience with that process feel free to contact me as well.
Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:16 AM

Re: LGM Guitars

Just a short reply, jeremy at LGM made me a custom RG style guitar last year. STUNNING, one of the best looking, sounding and playing guitars ive ever seen or layed my hands on.

He does great work and is an utter perfectionist which is what you want when its someone building you and instrument.

You can see the pics i got of the building process here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/207546246YUOwss
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:32 PM

Reviews: 1

I have a jem neck that was inlayed and refretted by Jeremy (LGM) and must say that it plays quite nicely, easily one of the most fun guitars I have.
I'm awaiting a Custom RG from Jeremy with an all ebony blank fretboard and all black body (kind of a monochrome black vibe) that I can't WAIT to get my hands on.
He is a great guy to deal with and has a lot of things he can offer as far as options.
If you're looking for a body style other than an RG or Leviathan, Jer may not be your guy, one-offs aren't his gig, just to much in the way of fabrication to be able to make a specifically designed body, but aside from that, I'd say your choices are wide open with wood types, fret sizing, pickup configs (including piezo) paint and stain etc.

Just check out his site for more examples or ask him for images of his other works in progress, he'll stun you with what he's been up to lately. Just check out the Bike he repainted for himself. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...0&page=4&pp=15

He has had a couple more bikes he just finished in the past couple weeks, plus a new Leviathan for Shane Regal.
my 2 cents,
Bamm
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Yeah, that all black look can be nice. I saw a pic of a Carvin bass that was all black with black hardware, ebony board with no inlays, black pickups and black tapewound strings. If it had black fret wire it would have been the ultimate stealth bass. Of course the tapewound strings are a bass thing but it was sweet looking.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disassociative1
Just a short reply, jeremy at LGM made me a custom RG style guitar last year. STUNNING, one of the best looking, sounding and playing guitars ive ever seen or layed my hands on.

He does great work and is an utter perfectionist which is what you want when its someone building you and instrument.

You can see the pics i got of the building process here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/207546246YUOwss
You cannot go wrong with Jeremy .

Regards

André

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobophobic
Yeah, that all black look can be nice. I saw a pic of a Carvin bass that was all black with black hardware, ebony board with no inlays, black pickups and black tapewound strings. If it had black fret wire it would have been the ultimate stealth bass. Of course the tapewound strings are a bass thing but it was sweet looking.
If you were talking about mine its kinda all black and a more transblack and kinda brown body hehe.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 11:50 AM

Question Re: LGM Guitars

How are you guys getting in touch with LGM? I've sent them a few emails but never get a response. No phone number posted.

Let me know
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 12:25 AM

Sorry Satch, I've been out of town a couple days and previous to that spending 12 to 18 hours a day at the shop, emails have gotten far behind, I will get them all caught up this week. On average I get 50 to 100 emails every day, it's almost impossible to keep caught up with emails as well as try to get any work done on guitars these days.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disassociative1
If you were talking about mine its kinda all black and a more transblack and kinda brown body hehe.
I don't think so... not unless you moved from the Seattle area to the U.K. recently. If you're female, you're name's Rain and you played bass for Draghead, Lyranthe and now with Charlie Drown then I'm talking about your bass.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemwielder
32 frets (scalloped from 15-32)
Whoa buddy, who do you think you are? MichaelAngelo += 3?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Talking Re: LGM Guitars

Hey man if I'm gonna have a custom instrument built I want it to be like buying a Ferrari or Lamborghini. I want that sucker to turn heads and turn on a dime, dig?
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I don't think so... not unless you moved from the Seattle area to the U.K. recently. If you're female, you're name's Rain and you played bass for Draghead, Lyranthe and now with Charlie Drown then I'm talking about your bass.
This is my bassist in Charlie Drown! I'm the guitarist! I can assure you that she still lives in Seattle.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsharp777
This is my bassist in Charlie Drown! I'm the guitarist! I can assure you that she still lives in Seattle.
Cool! I don't know Rain other than through conversation on the Carvin bbs before the (self) "righteous" caused her to decide she didn't want to be there anymore (they've caused a lot of people to not want to be there anymore). Her various bands over the past few years have introduced me to some cool music though. I was away from the bbs for quite a while so I'm just learning about Chalie Drown but I'm definitely checking it out.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Rain stalker... she just has a knack for ending up with really good bands.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Cool! I don't know Rain other than through conversation on the Carvin bbs before the (self) "righteous" caused her to decide she didn't want to be there anymore (they've caused a lot of people to not want to be there anymore). Her various bands over the past few years have introduced me to some cool music though. I was away from the bbs for quite a while so I'm just learning about Chalie Drown but I'm definitely checking it out.
Yeah, she's been off the net for a while now. She has her own reasons. She's a great bass player & I'm having a wonderful time being her guitarist. I replaced the old guitarist about 3 months ago. Check out www.charliedrown.com if you haven't already. This is just one of my THREE active bands.

Quote:
Disclaimer: I'm not a Rain stalker... she just has a knack for ending up with really good bands.
Sure, you're not. LOL...just kidding. I don't suppose it would matter if I told you she's full-on lesbian. Too bad for us guys.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsharp777
Sure, you're not. LOL...just kidding. I don't suppose it would matter if I told you she's full-on lesbian. Too bad for us guys.
Nope, wouldn't matter at all. I already knew that. I keep up with the projects of a few of the old-days Carvin bbs folks, her bands just tend to be more towards what I actually like to listen to than some of the others.

Tags
black pickups , ebony board , fret wire , jem neck , lgm guitars , playing guitar , wound strings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode