LGM Guitars....... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

LGM Guitars.......

Does anyone know if LGM Guitars is still in operation?? I have a Leviathan hardtail w/ a reverse headstock which is an awesome axe. I was looking around and it doesn't look like there is much going on with their website. If anyone has any info or if Jeremy has started another outfit I would really appreciate the info.
Thanks, Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Re: LGM Guitars.......

well, their site is still up but seems the last update was 2006. btw, this really should be in the vendor subforum.

Last edited by Jack Secret; 02-02-2010 at 07:55 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 PM

I don't think they are, they had some sweet guitars too
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM

He changed his business around years ago to focus on non-guitar work. Apparently the guitar buisness was not cost effective. As far as I know, he is still in business, just not doing guitar work now.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:04 PM

I think his focus is more on Auto / Bikes...I've sent a few emails through his guitar site and on projectguitar.com with no response. Either he is that busy, or dropped off the face of the earth. He had some amazing work! As well as awesome tutorials on stuff too! He sent me in the right direction for instruction on airbrushing, as well as the good ol' holoflash technique!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM

He paints Harleys now. Throw up some pics of that Leviathan!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Reviews: 4

I never had the money to order. Damn shame though. He does great work.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:10 PM

Reviews: 1

I talk to him from time to time, he's talked about doing some more, and has had some interest by other companies in his designs, but Like Jim said, he's doing bikes, cars, RC Jets, and anything else paint will stick-to.

I can prod him to pop his head in, perhaps.

Sadly, he said the biggest issue with running your own business where it's all you depend on to make money, he can't charge for his time on guitars that he can on a motorcycle or car refinish.
The market just doesn't bear it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Hi guys,
Bamm told me about this thread so I thought I'd come check it out.
LGM Guitars is basically defunct at this time. I have been painting motorcycles primarily lately. Things have been very tight as of right now, we ended up moving the shop to a less expensive location last summer which incurred a lot of costs. Then this past winter was incredibly slow, we are trying to recover at the moment but it's a long upward climb.

The good news is, a deal is in the works with another company to take over production of the Leviathan guitars. I cannot say who the company is, but hopefully within the year production on the Leviathan's will start up again. Just not through myself. It will be a US based company with full CNC production equipment. This should mean none of the pitfalls that I myself, along with many customers faced when I was doing stuff strictly by hand.
I made many mistakes running LGM Guitars, unfortunately not all of them had happy endings although I did try to make as much right with everyone as possible.
Anyway, I'm still alive, haven't fallen off the planet yet.
As for the website, it hasn't been updated because I have no clue how to do website stuff. There will be a new website when the new company takes over the Leviathan's though, it will still be at the same web address.

Rodzo,
If you're sending me stuff through project guitar, I'm embarrased to say I probably deleted it without reading it as I have been getting HUGE amounts of spam from that site in the last couple years. I cannot log in either, it tells me I do not have permission or something like that.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Leviathan's back on the market though, I love the design and I think it will gain in popularity once it is being produced again.

Thank you for the kind words though. I'm hoping to get back on top of things, although I've sent a date for myself where if things don't turn around, and I can actually put some money into a savings account, I'll be closing the LGM doors for good (the paint shop I mean) and finding a job somewhere else.... ahhh, a regular pay check, that would be cool
Take care guys
Jeremy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman View Post
Hi guys,
Bamm told me about this thread so I thought I'd come check it out.
LGM Guitars is basically defunct at this time. I have been painting motorcycles primarily lately. Things have been very tight as of right now, we ended up moving the shop to a less expensive location last summer which incurred a lot of costs. Then this past winter was incredibly slow, we are trying to recover at the moment but it's a long upward climb.

The good news is, a deal is in the works with another company to take over production of the Leviathan guitars. I cannot say who the company is, but hopefully within the year production on the Leviathan's will start up again. Just not through myself. It will be a US based company with full CNC production equipment. This should mean none of the pitfalls that I myself, along with many customers faced when I was doing stuff strictly by hand.
I made many mistakes running LGM Guitars, unfortunately not all of them had happy endings although I did try to make as much right with everyone as possible.
Anyway, I'm still alive, haven't fallen off the planet yet.
As for the website, it hasn't been updated because I have no clue how to do website stuff. There will be a new website when the new company takes over the Leviathan's though, it will still be at the same web address.

Rodzo,
If you're sending me stuff through project guitar, I'm embarrased to say I probably deleted it without reading it as I have been getting HUGE amounts of spam from that site in the last couple years. I cannot log in either, it tells me I do not have permission or something like that.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Leviathan's back on the market though, I love the design and I think it will gain in popularity once it is being produced again.

Thank you for the kind words though. I'm hoping to get back on top of things, although I've sent a date for myself where if things don't turn around, and I can actually put some money into a savings account, I'll be closing the LGM doors for good (the paint shop I mean) and finding a job somewhere else.... ahhh, a regular pay check, that would be cool
Take care guys
Jeremy
Good to hear from you man, even if the news is less than rosey...

hope things improve,
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 02:41 PM
HDS

Im sure he's still doing his RC are planes too
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM

The Leviathans were good looking guitars, different but very cool. As long as they aren't put out by Ed Roman I assume they'll do well.

Tags
leviathan , lgm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode