LGM Guitars...Leviathan...Jeremy - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

LGM Guitars...Leviathan...Jeremy

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone here knows how to contact Jeremy of LGM Guitars. His old email address does no work and the contact form on the website is also not working right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:14 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: LGM Guitars...Leviathan...Jeremy

I'm pretty sure he's closed down dude
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

I realize that LGM Guitars is currently non-operational (so far as the website says). I want to bring Jeremy back OR get him to authorize licensing the Leviathan design/CNC plans to another luthier. For my personal branding I have decided to make it my exclusive (electric) instrument...now I just need to get 5-10 of them built . Any information on how to contact Jeremy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 AM

If I recall correctly, Patrick Sims got the rights to the LGM design. And to be honest, that's somebody you'd want to avoid.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Awesome - thanks! I found 'em at their website and will definitely buy at least 1 for now! If I like it as much as I think I'll buy at least 5 more right away! Only thing I gotta change is it needs to be a HSH config w/5-way. Thanks so much dude. NOW I can build my brand!!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 02:20 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralflavors View Post
Awesome - thanks! I found 'em at their website and will definitely buy at least 1 for now! If I like it as much as I think I'll buy at least 5 more right away! Only thing I gotta change is it needs to be a HSH config w/5-way. Thanks so much dude. NOW I can build my brand!!!
If your making your own brand (best of luck by the way!) then why not make your own design instead of taking the LGM's? That's a really good way to get sued. Unless I'm missing something here of course.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
If your making your own brand (best of luck by the way!) then why not make your own design instead of taking the LGM's? That's a really good way to get sued. Unless I'm missing something here of course.
I think what they mean by brand is visual identity, like how you can't see a Gibson double-neck without thinking Page. Not literally stealing the brand name and designs of the company.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 04:56 AM

Think a member here has Sims' address, so that you can collect your money 5 years from your order date
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
I think what they mean by brand is visual identity, like how you can't see a Gibson double-neck without thinking Page. Not literally stealing the brand name and designs of the company.
Exactly. If you play guitar in your bedroom (or on YouTube or in smoky bars), it doesn't matter much what instrument you play. However, if one aspires to be an innovator (like little Stevie Vai), then BRANDING is a large part of how you build an EMPIRE and actually "leave a mark" in the world. Obviously, you have to have the skills to drive your image, but aesthetics are crucial to individuality. Using Steve as an example, imagine if he just played strats or any other double cutaway guitar. Composition and technical skills aside, he wouldn't stick out that much from the crowd. His guitar IS his musical identity.

My long term goal is to leave a mark, rather than be just be one in a million clones.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Using Steve as an example, imagine if he just played strats or any other double cutaway guitar. Composition and technical skills aside, he wouldn't stick out that much from the crowd. His guitar IS his musical identity.
What nonsense this is. If he would have played a strat the outcome would have been exactly the same. He didn't get where he is because of a guitar with a handle.

Clapton played a "just" a Strat so did SRV or Johnson and thousands of others. If you think you need to have a fancy shaped guitar to stand out than you probably will not get very far.

With that said i suggest you have a reputable builder make you a copy, so you will actually have something to play with. Maybe Mai can do it or ET. Otherwise you will not play anything for the next couple years

Last edited by dragsternj; 02-05-2012 at 02:24 PM.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Reviews: 2

I agree.......Vai had established his name LONG before he ever picked up his first Ibanez.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I realize that LGM Guitars is currently non-operational (so far as the website says). I want to bring Jeremy back OR get him to authorize licensing the Leviathan design/CNC plans to another luthier. For my personal branding I have decided to make it my exclusive (electric) instrument...now I just need to get 5-10 of them built . Any information on how to contact Jeremy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
So let me get this straight...rather than actually go and design something good, you're going to ask someone if you can rehash their old design that they built a brand on already without them having any idea who you are or why you're building a brand or even if you can build guitars?

Yeah, I'm not thinking you're going to have much luck with that.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I think auralflavors is saying the he will be the brand, rather than the guitars... ?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I think auralflavors is saying the he will be the brand, rather than the guitars... ?
A brand of what, exactly? Because if this isn't about promoting a brand of guitars I have no clue what the hell anyone here is getting at.

Last edited by jono; 02-06-2012 at 01:48 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 PM

I'll be the first one to point out that this is weird and slightly disturbing.

Tags
7 string , leviathan , lgm guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode