Lo-pro Edge or Edge Pro? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Lo-pro Edge or Edge Pro?

Can you guys tell me which is better? Ibanez JPM's use Lo-pro and it seems better I guess. I'm planning to replace my Edge Pro with a Lo-pro. Thanks for any opinions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 AM

Re: Lo-pro Edge or Edge Pro?

I'd stick with the tempered steel saddle inserts if I were you...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguitarist View Post
I'm planning to replace my Edge Pro with a Lo-pro.
what's the reason?
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
what's the reason?
I'm a Petrucci fanboy hehe!

Actually my tremolo arm is so wobbly right now. I tried to tighten the arm holder as instructed in this article http://www.jemsite.com/tech/3other.htm#tremarmholder . But it did not help me anything because I can not tighten my arm holder anymore while the tremolo arm is still wobbly which is a real pain in the ass. Someone help me?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:45 AM

badguitarist, did you stick your socket underneath the trem and tighten the nut? What about those little plastic washers/clamps on the trem bar are they all worn out? I really don't know too many reasons on why it would be real wobbly. That sucks because wobble = less/no flutter. And you being into Petrucci... well, damn son, you need to flutter!!!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 12:02 PM

Reviews: 4

A little off topic, but besides "Under a Glass Moon", what other well known solo does Petrucci flutter in, Oh yeah and I haven't but another Dream Theater album after the horrific "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" and didn't buy the even worse album before the amazing "Scenes From a Memory", "Falling Into Infinity"... but I own everyone before that and that is the only solo I remember him remotely even using his tremolo...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrendel View Post
A little off topic, but besides "Under a Glass Moon", what other well known solo does Petrucci flutter in, Oh yeah and I haven't but another Dream Theater album after the horrific "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" and didn't buy the even worse album before the amazing "Scenes From a Memory", "Falling Into Infinity"... but I own everyone before that and that is the only solo I remember him remotely even using his tremolo...

Shlt... I can't think of any, haha... but I know he does.

I don't even like but Dream Theaters first 3 albums. Or at least untill he stopped using Ibanez, haha.

Sorry I couldn't think of more songs he flutters in.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Well I'm actually a young-Petrucci fanboy. Like you guys I love young Petrucci better and exactly I ceased liking him since he has EBMM guitar in his hands. The guitar ruins him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcrime1204 View Post
badguitarist, did you stick your socket underneath the trem and tighten the nut? What about those little plastic washers/clamps on the trem bar are they all worn out? I really don't know too many reasons on why it would be real wobbly. That sucks because wobble = less/no flutter. And you being into Petrucci... well, damn son, you need to flutter!!!
Thanks so much dude. I kept the socket in place and tightened the nut simultaneously but nothing better happened. I'm gonna buy some nail polish to try the last trick with the bushes on the arm.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 PM

Lo pro edge all the way.
no need any reason.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 01:45 AM

Reviews: 65

Edge Pro all the way. I can get nice flutter on it and I have zippo problems with the trem arm. What I did:
- Teflon thingie off
- nice thin strap of tape on the arm
- Teflon thingie over the tape (bit** to get on)
Now works fiine ...
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Edge Pro all the way. I can get nice flutter on it and I have zippo problems with the trem arm. What I did:
- Teflon thingie off
- nice thin strap of tape on the arm
- Teflon thingie over the tape (bit** to get on)
Now works fiine ...
What tape are you using? I used once but the thickness was too thick so the arm did not fit the hole again. I got the tape off.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:20 AM

you can use teflon/plumbing tape or plastic tape like you find in the D'Addario strings pack.

anyway, putting a LoPro in there won't solve your problem since they share the same exact arm insert. let's stick with your EdgePro and put some tape in the arm-insert. it will make you happy as much as a LoPro.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 AM

Reviews: 6

I like the Lo pro over the edge Pro anyday. Great trem, feels more solid to me and the control is much looser. I always feel like the edge pro is too stiff, regardless of the tension setting or number of springs. And i`d take an Edge over a lo pro or an edge Pro ANY DAY
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I like the Lo pro over the edge Pro anyday.
that's just your taste, which is something Badguitarist really doesn't need to know. he's just asked what's better for him considering that he would put a LoPro just because of Petrucci. i too like the Edge and LoPro better, but there's no reason to replace the EdgePro because it's just as good as the older bros, anything else is just personal taste. we should keep people spend money when not needed
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 05:31 AM

Reviews: 65

Yep I used that Teflon tape from Home Depot.

Tags
addario strings , arm holder , ibanez jpm , pro edge , trem arm , tremolo arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode