Lo Trs Tem II Replacement - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Lo Trs Tem II Replacement

Hey Kids!!

I have a late 90's S-470 that has a lo trs trem II, I am looking at up grading the guitar with some new parts and was origanally lookin just to swap out the chrome Lo trs II with a Blk one , but cant find any , and from wat ive been reading, the dont have the greatest reviews.. so my queston is this!! is there anything that can just be swapped out for it, like an original floyd? wanna make this as painless as possible! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Lo Trs Tem II Replacement

I swapped mine with an original edge..... no better upgrade than that in my opinion (debatable). No modification needed apart from a very minor skimming of the back edges. You will notice the trem cav is a bit bigger but nothing dramatic.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Anybody know were i can find one???
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Trems
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

But Can an Original Floyd Rose Drop in or do the pegs or any other mods have to be done?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbozz316 View Post
But Can an Original Floyd Rose Drop in or do the pegs or any other mods have to be done?
Hi Mate, going by memory, the answer is yes in terms of OFR to LoTRS cav post spacing but I am not 100% sorry. I think a mate of mate was saying he swapped his trs out with an OFR.

NUMO who is a member posted an awesome write up about what trems fit where etc with pics but I cant seem to find it atm sorry, search it out, all your questions should be answered.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 PM

Reviews: 120

Gotoh Floyd Rose all the way, cheaper than OFR and Edge, and a fantastic trem. fits straight in on the posts, but worthwhile putting in the new posts and anchors to take avantage of the locking posts that Gotoh provide.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Gotoh Floyd Rose all the way, cheaper than OFR and Edge, and a fantastic trem. fits straight in on the posts, but worthwhile putting in the new posts and anchors to take avantage of the locking posts that Gotoh provide.
+1

I did that to an old RG320DX. Great bridge
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Everywhere I go, everybody always praises Gotoh. I suppose, with good reasons. But one thing I don't get: why can't I find ANY official Gotoh page on the Internet?? I'm really confused about that.

At least, OFR has Schaller's official page, floydrose.com, originalfloydrose.com etc etc... but Gotoh zero.

Or I just wasn't successful in my quest?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:51 PM

im pretty sure you dont need any modifications to swap the lo-trs II with an original floyd rose. that's the best deal i think

Tags
s series , s-470 , trem replacement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode