Lo-Trs vs. Trs II - they really aren't the same thing - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Lo-Trs vs. Trs II - they really aren't the same thing

Hey guys, there seems to be alot of interchanging of "Trs" and "Trs II" when referring to tremolo units. The two bridges are very much different.

The Lo-Trs has more of the true feel of the original Floyd Rose bridge. If set up properly, there are little to no tuning problems. Granted, it's no Edge or Lo-Pro Edge, but it is a totally servicable bridge.

The Trs-II is made of a different metal, which doesn't fare as well with the same type of use.

Those who have a Trs-II on their guitar can step up to the regular Trs without any modification to the guitar. You will imediately notice the difference, as well as lose most of your tremolo frustration.

Like I was saying, they aren't an Edge trem, but they are also very different from each other.

Cheers,
Butch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 09:31 PM

Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

Is it really worth paying money to swap a Lo-TRSII for a Lo-TRS, I really don't think it worth the hassle.

I agree with what you are saying that the TRS is far superior to the TRSII but theey are both not in the same league as the EDGE or Lo-PRO.

I would have bought a JEM555 instead of my RG if it had had an EDGE or Lo-PRO. The whole guitar is let down badly by the tremelo system. My RG has an EDGE in it and I love it, I wouldn't swap it for the World.

(Edited by Coolstu at 8:37 pm on April 22, 2001)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 09:49 PM

Reviews: 2
Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

I don't care if it's a bionic TRS I still wouldn't touch one again unless some evil meglomaniac said, "Play the TRS or the planet gets vapourised. Mouha ha ha ha "

Sorry I just don't like them at all.
Someone wise once said "Even though you have the choice between a Yugo 5 door and a Yugo three door in the end it's still just a Yugo."
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 10:21 PM

Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

How does the Lo-TRS compare to other Floyds out there...such those as Jacksons, Ernie Balls, etc?
Greg
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 08:24 PM

Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

Of alll the Floyd's I have tried I have to say that the Edge is my personal favourite, just ahead of the LoPRO. The TRS is a ver mediocre tremelo system built with poorp quality materials and I don't think it stands up well against other Floyd's ( that I've tried anyway)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 08:54 PM

Reviews: 2
Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

To be fair the only bad thing about the TRS is the way the arm unscrews when you use it. Other than that it's ok. My floyd rose does the same thing so it's screwed down flat with 5 springs.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 09:23 PM

Reviews: 5
Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

Oh yes, the TRS II bar is horrible... I have replaced the arm insertion barrel and the arm itself for OFR parts (couldn't find a Lo-Pro). Now it's fine and stays in tune.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 08:20 AM

Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

I think the tuning problems are worse than the problems with the bar. The thing is a dog to keep in tune
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

Re: Lo-Trs vs. Trs II

I'm guessing none of you people know how to setup a tremolo , or just never bothered to have it set up professionaly, I have noticed alot of people think their tremolo base plate are to be parralel to the body, I have not seen one working Ibanez tremolo that was... I have an RG4EXQ and it never goes out of tune. I can dive to where the strings are so incredibly loose they flop with no tension at all.. yet when its brought back to its orginal position... presto!, in tune! I've always used a floating tremolo even before locking units were even heard of, and setup my '72 Strat by myself and have done so continualy since (30years ago). I'm sure their are crappy tremolos and the only one I couldn't get to work is a Westone "Bendmaster Deluxe" god awful horrible junk.
And when all else fails it's always great to have a local guitar tech you have known for 30+ years. Good luck people.
Closed Thread

Tags
edge trem , ernie ball , ernie balls , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode