Long overdue NBD installed in my somewhat rare S470BOL***lots of pics and history! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Long overdue NBD installed in my somewhat rare S470BOL***lots of pics and history!

The reason why I say it is somewhat rare is because, I haven't seen it's equal. It's always a S470SOL and S540SOL. I've seen the name and only the name a few times, like in Ibanezregister and Guitar-Museum etc. but, never any photographs. So here's how I came to own this awesome piece of craftsmanship. I bought this love of my life in the beginning of 2000 in Okinawa, Japan while I was stationed there(USMC) from a tiny local music shoppe. As soon as I walked in and saw it I knew it had to be mine. I demoed it in their only iso-room and through a Trace Elliot Super Tramp Twin Stereo Quad Chorus(still want one of these so bad), I was truly amazed! I started saving for it that day and every weekend I would go and make sure it was there. Of course, I would play every single time. I bought it for $750 yen with the MC100 hardshell case included, it was and still worth every penny and more...

This was my number one for a very long time and has been played an excessive amount. It now shares that spot with my RG560LR...I traveled with this guitar all over the world and it has never let me down until the past few years. I haven't really been able to play because of the bridge and I don't believe in blocking my trems, why bother having them. It came stock with a Lo-TRS, not a bad bridge but, I use the whammy a lot. I love the tone of the stock V1/S2/V2 in mahogany, they're bright, very responsive harmonically, and the different tones that I get with the 5-way selector switch is amazing! The neck is a "Japanese" Wizard II, according to Rich is thinner...http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu...-woods-a-cuts/... I believe in these minute measurement differences because, I do have a RG5EX1 which as everyone knows has a Wizard II as well and the difference is blatantly obvious. It also came stock with Gotoh tuners and tele style metal knobs...I wouldn't/won't change a thing about this guitar except for the bridge.

I ordered a brand new Black Lo-Pro Edge from my buddy who got it for me half price! I've been recording with it in my home studio for the past couple of months and have been meaning to post this thread but I've been super busy...so without further ado...

When I first got it...

Original Warranty Card...

Right before the Lo-Pro install with my customized RG560...

Lo-TRS...

Fits right in...

Beat...

Serial Number...

Last edited by LordGrendel; 04-14-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Long overdue NBD installed in my somewhat rare S470BOL***lots of pics and history

Years of road worn...

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Re: Long overdue NBD installed in my somewhat rare S470BOL***lots of pics and history

Cool guitar. Good move on the Lo Pro. It dropped straight in?? Bonus!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 12:46 PM

Reviews: 10

Nice... The early S's truly are wolf in sheeps clothing... I'm beginning to think 86-95 was the golden years for a lot of makes!

Edit: Just noticed its a 99 - good find...

Last edited by arykala; 04-15-2011 at 05:59 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Reviews: 2

Great Guitar Lord!!!! With the Lo-Pro, it's the guitar Ibanez should have always made!!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, another reason for this thread was to find out if anyone has any information on this model. I can't find anything anywhere...I read on this forum about someone's RG7621M and how there was only a certain number made...Funny enough, the little shoppe had a 7620M in black, just like mine. I was going to buy that as well but, it was gone before I even bought the Saber. I regret not purchasing it at that sametime because I've never seen that again either, except for the fixed bridge model I mentioned above, in forums...so if anyone has any information of even where I could research this please let me know...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

So all of the knowledge and history on this forum and no know has any information?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

update: New information from Ibanez USA via Facebook...

Here's the actually link...
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialIban...46096908756664
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:28 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by arykala View Post
Nice... The early S's truly are wolf in sheeps clothing... I'm beginning to think 86-95 was the golden years for a lot of makes!

Edit: Just noticed its a 99 - good find...

You find me an 86 "S" Ill give you all my guitars for it
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Was that tiny shop on Tiger street? If so, I remember that place. I hope you didn't find it down "Whisper Alley".......LOL!!!!!!!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, whisper alley hahaha...I was up here Sin(Kin)ville...It was down near a side street by Kadena airbase. I bought it when I was stationed at Camp Hansen, there was another music shop that was two floors called "FukiHaras"...but I can't remember the other place's name...
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrendel View Post
Yeah, whisper alley hahaha...I was up here Sin(Kin)ville...It was down near a side street by Kadena airbase. I bought it when I was stationed at Camp Hansen, there was another music shop that was two floors called "FukiHaras"...but I can't remember the other place's name...
I don't remember the shop near Kadena, but it way not have been there in 1991, when I was last there. The only one I found was on Tiger street.

Tags
fujigen , japanese , lo-pro edge , s470bol , v stock pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode