Looking for advice on fixed bridge RGs - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:07 AM

Re: Looking for advice on fixed bridge RGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostia View Post
Yup, this model is rare too.
I start to think it's a brand strategy for Ibanez - if a model has good specs, it should be rare as hell.
Weird to think about, that they are rare now, never thought about that. Anyway, there are a lot of good fixed bridge RG/RGA's out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebake View Post
Weird to think about, that they are rare now, never thought about that. Anyway, there are a lot of good fixed bridge RG/RGA's out there!
Yea, but I'm trying to score non-archtop one and with standard aftermarket bridge like Gotoh, etc.
I kinda like standard parts, that I can tweak later, maybe buy better saddles, or even change the whole furniture. That's why I prefer hardtails over Gibraltars.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostia View Post
Yea, but I'm trying to score non-archtop one and with standard aftermarket bridge like Gotoh, etc.
I kinda like standard parts, that I can tweak later, maybe buy better saddles, or even change the whole furniture. That's why I prefer hardtails over Gibraltars.
I'm sure you've seen these on the Ibanez site? Not a fan of the bridges?

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/d...wfx_00_03.html

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/d...121_00_01.html

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/d...2ahmfx_01.html
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, I've seen these. as I mentioned before:
Those are good, but because they are new they're all rather pricey. I hoped to score some 90s-00s RG for 500-800 USD.

And yes, I prefer hardtails over Ibanez proprietary bridges.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
The RGA121 is much more common. I have owned a few of those as well as the RGA321, which was my favorite Ibanez fixed bridge. There are usually a few on Ebay and Reverb at any given time.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM

RG521 Genesis used can be found used in your price range. Fits all of your requirements and since it's practically new it should be easy to find one in mint condition for $700-$800. Also has the tilt joint which some think has slightly better tone than the aanj. Tilt Joint and fixed bridge are like bread and butter. Could use a pickup swap, but it isn't really necessary.

If you're thinking about any other guitar besides this then stop.

Some food for thought,

Ibanez RG Super Wizard necks are kind of love it or hate it. I find switching from those to other necks takes some adjustment. I have a RG6UCS and it is badass, but I also have a JS1600 as my fixed bridge guitar of choice and it has a Fender shaped neck. Switching between the two takes some adjustment. I kind of feel like I'm hurting my ability to develop great muscle memory by switching from one guitar to another that have such different shapes. My JS1600 sounds so good I thought about getting rid of the RG6UCS and getting a trem bridge JS.

Either way, if I decide to stay RG/Super Wizard the RG521 Genesis is my choice.

Tags
fixed bridge , hardtail , rg621

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode