Looking to buy an s series need advice - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Looking to buy an s series need advice

Hi, Im looking to purchase an s series guitar. Can someone go over some of the pluses and minuses of newer ones verses some of the older models. And what changes have been made through the years

I love the feel of the new s series. However, used is my best bet cuz I cant afford a new one

Any feedback on the following item please, type of neck, tremelo, year, pickups etc...:

certain auction site: Item number: 220131862329

Last edited by psp777; 07-18-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Im stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:55 PM

Re: Looking to buy an s series need advice

I wouldn't reccomend that one, I'm sure there are better deals.

That TRS tremolo isn't the most favored trem around here, but I think it is good.

Try to get a Made in Japan S series and a Lo Pro tremolo.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Well that one says its made in Japan on the headstock and yes I have read about the quality diff between Japan and Korean ones....the guitar in that auction looks "tired" for some reason...I couldnt make out the details on that tremelo so i am turning to you guys for some assistance. There is a made in korea model year 2000 as well but a bit pricey

auction item number: 180139156842

how do the two compare as far as pickups necks any difference trem system etc...???

"Try to get a Made in Japan S series and a Lo Pro tremolo"...what year would that be?????
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM

the early 90s ones like 92-98
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Reviews: 16

I've got 3 new S guitars, all with the ZR trem. The trem is awesome, but it takes some getting used to. I think my favorite is the original Edge by far, but the ZR trem is quite a piece. That being said, I believe all my S guitar are made in Korea somewhere. Not a single one is flawed or bad. Quality is top notch on all 3.

Tags
pro tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode