looking to clarify Charvel model- late 80's - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Re: looking to clarify Charvel model- late 80's

Yeah, the "singles" were, indeed, stacked hums. I had both an 86' Model 4 AND Model 6. The moment I heard his description, I knew it had to be an 87'-88' Model 4, with the Jackson JT-6 trem. I just recently saw an exact copy of my black Model 4, which I parted with years ago, and wanted to cry. The guy didn't even know what he had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: looking to clarify Charvel model- late 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
i saw some on **** with dot markers and that is why i am not sure of the model i own. i always thought it was a model 3 - but it is possible that it is a model 4 even though i had thought the model 4 was a neck thru guitar
the guitar is heavy so i am guessing it is not a basswood body - not quite sure what it is
Definitely a model 4 because of the active electronics. I would say the guitar was made around 85-87 because of the individual pup switches instead of the 5 position toggle switch.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 AM

sup guys... I'm looking at an 87 mint condition charvel model 5 neck thru... is it worth trading a gibson LP studio for?

the charvel is all stock as is the gibson I am interested in trading. I was looking to get an Ibanez prestige and somebody suggested trading their Charvel instead...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 07:17 PM

been gas'ing for a charvel model series (any of them) for awhile now.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 AM

Reviews: 6

NECROTHREAD!!

Tags
basswood body , charvel model , dot inlay , dot inlays , ibanez guitars , jackson soloist , neck thru , rosewood fretboard , shred machine , strat style , toggle switch , yngwie strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode