Looking for a good Ibanez - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a good Ibanez

Hello, I have recently been looking to get a new guitar, preferably an Ibanez.

One thing though is that I do not, and I repeat do NOT want a guitar with any kind of tremolo, or bridge that is impossible to deal with. (I already have one)

So I couldn't quite find anything in the prestiges that would suit me in that regard.

Would this be a suitable option at all, or is this just a cheap starter guitar.

Ibanez RG RG3EXFM1 Electric Guitar

(Maximum price for me at the moment is 1000$)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:54 PM

Re: Looking for a good Ibanez

If you have a $1000 to spend and want a no nonsense bridge, you can EASILY get a used (but in awesome condition) RGA121 or RGA321. The guitar you mentioned pales in comparison. Strongly recommend you check the used market before buying new. Your money will buy you alot more.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 PM

Definately buy used. The money will, as Daylight said, take you alot farther.

However, I wouldnt rule out tremolos if you are having trouble finding a guitar that suits your needs. If you can find one you like without it, great, but if you find one that you like (except the fact that it has the trem) you always have the option to block the trem. Just a suggestion.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

The rga321 looks good, however I cant seem to find it for less than 1300$.

Any place you guys know of to find some used?
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Reviews: 11

Ibanez rg1451f?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 AM

Reviews: 21

I'd go with the RG1451 or RG1421 Prestige.
I own an RG3EXQM1, which is identical to the RG3EXFM1. It is a great, repeat GREAT, guitar! Mine has a Tone Zone in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck.
Most people don't like the Indonesian RGs due to the Edge 3 but with no trem this guitar has really no flaws. Yes, a Prestige would be better, but IMO an RG3EX CAN'T be beat for the money!
mike570 is online  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454xalucard View Post
The rga321 looks good, however I cant seem to find it for less than 1300$.

Any place you guys know of to find some used?
Watch that famous auction site. They come up pretty regularly, though not as frequently as the rga121.

The 121 is essentially the same guitar, with the exception of the figured top, pickups, and available finishes. I generally see at least one a week go for less than $600.00 on the bay; sometimes much less (I paid just over $400 w/ case for a minty one).

The rga121's top isn't flamed, but it's still a beautiful guitar in either the natural finish or the violin flat. As far as the pickups go, I own one of each and took the pickups out of both, so to me they're a non-factor.

The Prestige RG1451 mentioned above does look pretty sweet as well, and I'm seeing those new for $800.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM

I would suggest you go and try the Darkstone.
It is well below your price limit, it has the most easy to use bridge I have ever encountered and it is a guitar well suited for every style.
Oh, and it doesn't look to bad either.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

I really like the 321, along with the 1421.

I don't really like the look of the 1451, which won't be a final deciding factor but it does count, the 121 isn't necessarily bad looking, however I think its quite plain.

I looked everywhere for the 1421 prestige, but couldn't find it (besides on ibanez website).

Another guitar I was considering is the Iceman, I love the shape but don't like the plain black/white finishes.

So far though 1421 is looking the best if I can find a place to get it...

Ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1421F
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 02:40 AM

i have an RGA121 fs
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 10:49 AM
VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454xalucard View Post
Hello, I have recently been looking to get a new guitar, preferably an Ibanez.

One thing though is that I do not, and I repeat do NOT want a guitar with any kind of tremolo, or bridge that is impossible to deal with. (I already have one)

So I couldn't quite find anything in the prestiges that would suit me in that regard.

Would this be a suitable option at all, or is this just a cheap starter guitar.

Ibanez RG RG3EXFM1 Electric Guitar

(Maximum price for me at the moment is 1000$)
If your still looking Ibanez rules has a RG prestige no trem, no HSC w/gig bag (model #?) under his used side for $550 I think. It is new but sent to him with a chip. Might be up your ally
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 03:52 PM

The rga121 is a fixed bridge prestige with a natural stain. Beautiful well sought after guitar. Probably the most guitar for the least amount. i have two and an FR2620 in Natural. So i am selling one of the RGA's. You shoul look into it. They are still around.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeminizer View Post
Definately buy used. The money will, as Daylight said, take you alot farther.

However, I wouldnt rule out tremolos if you are having trouble finding a guitar that suits your needs. If you can find one you like without it, great, but if you find one that you like (except the fact that it has the trem) you always have the option to block the trem. Just a suggestion.
I'm looking at a 1550...is it that easy to block a tremolo? Does it basically make it a hardtail? I really like the guitar(and ibanez) but can only afford 1 guitar and really don't want to mess around with a tremolo.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 01:40 AM

If you don't want a tremolo i highly advise not getting one. it's not like a strat tremolo. they are much more advanced and my opinion not worth the trouble.
i have had an ibanez S540 ol and it was such a pain in the neck.
I now own two of the Prestige RGA121's with fixed and the Prestige FR2620 NT with the "tight-and" fixed bridge" which is possibly the best bridge I have ever seen.
yes you could block the trem. Be precise with the cuts and the measuring though or you'll tilt your trem the wrong way. But bother if you can just get a fixed bridge.
The prestige 5 piece wizard necks are amazing, The pickups are junk, (except in some rare occasions)
Check out the RGA121, if you want I'll sell you one for 525. Natural top mahogany and maple, Gibraltar fixed bridge. Can't beat it man.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 01:42 AM

Get the PGM401, that thing is a beast. It has good quality PUPS. Man if i had the money.

Tags
ibanez prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode