Looking into getting a 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Looking into getting a 7

Alrighty, I would like to own a 7 string, I always sort of have, and I never got around to actually being serious about getting one, but the time has come.

For starters, I would like it to be an Ibanez, I just love everything Ibanez, and I know that I would be getting a great 7, if it was coming from them.

As for the music Im looking to play with this, well Dream Theater is number one, thats the big reason why im getting a 7(and low riffing of course : ). And I would like to have a nice guitar to be able to use for other tunings, another reason why I dont want a floyd.

My price range is I guess around the $400 range, I dont wana spend allot of money on it, you know. Right now im looking at the RG7321, seeing as its relitivly(sp?) cheap, and ive played it a few times already. The neck was great, like always(it is an Ibanez afterall ). The 7 string feel took a little time to get used too, but after a few minutes, it felt great. The pickups on it were meh, not the best, but they can be changed, which I would do anyway.

Im not neccisarrily looking for one with a floyd, cause if I were my only option would basically be a 1527 or a UV, both of which are highly out of price range. I might be able to find a used MIJ RG7 though, if I look around. Any suggestions on those? Im really not up to date on the older Ibanez 7 strings, so could someone help me with info on those?

So what are your guys' opions on the 7321(Including a pup change down the road)?

Any other suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 10:19 PM

Re: Looking into getting a 7

People around here rave about the quality/bang for your buck the RG321 is... so, if the 7 is anywhere as good, it should be great

Personally, id kill for a 7621, just to be on the "hey mine's japanese" side of the fence...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

^Heh, yeah. I would much rather have an older MIJ RG7.

I never really studied the older 7 strings by Ibanez, nor do I know much about them or there hardware, ect.

Could someone please explain to me all of them n such?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:14 PM

http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez/spec_ib7.htm

This is a spec list of all 7s, thats the best i can do... sincerely, other than my UV, an AX once and a UV777BK twice, i havent played much Ibanez 7s...

But still, id really like a good quality RG with a fixed bridge
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

^Dude, you ****ing rule. Thats going to be very helpfull.

Just out of curiosity, how well is the Lo Pro Edge? Is it basically a Edge?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:47 PM

Hehe, i take it youre not quite familiar with Ibanez... Read everything here www.jemsite.com (not the forum, but all the specs and tech talk)

And yes, in the beginning (well, not the beginning, but way back in 87 i think) Ibanez made the Edge, the original one, then a couple years later they upgraded the design to the Lo Pro, which is less intrusive to your picking hand... theyre both the same as far as quality and use, in fact, theyre so "the same", that theyre the only direct swap, interchangeable Ibanez trems...

If youre gonna get one with a trem, these are the ones you want... Only Lo Pros in 7s im afraid (just some original Edge 7s on some early UVs)

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

^Pfft, im an Ibanez whore. I know allot on the 6 strings n such.

Just never got into the 7 strings really, and some of the bridge's still puzzle me.

Thanks for the help on the Lo Pro, those always confused me, not now though.

EDIT: Just relized, this is in the wrong forum. Rofl.

Last edited by Gilbertoblues; 08-20-2005 at 12:02 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 12:37 AM

rofl yeah, but its just us awake at this hour, i figured noone would complain

and the old bridges were sweet like that, 6 and 7 stringers were the same, only the 7s were wider ...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 01:41 AM

Ill sell you my Rg7321 with gig bag and more for $300, contact me if your interested.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 07:58 PM

the 7321 is sweet i suggest getting one i have one. i actually think its MIJ quality, not at the level of a 1527 obvioulsy but im all about fixed bridges. floyds would be a pain to me 7321 is the way to go IMHO. great neck with walnut stripes, sleek finish . black hardware so it wont corode really. sweet neck binding and of course its ibanez
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

So whats the best place to order in your guys opions(The 7321).

Ive ordered Guitars off Musicians Friend before, but then never ship them in the case that I order with it. What place sells the 7321(and an Ibanez case for it) and will ship in case? That Matts Music seems preety cheap?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:12 PM

i say go to your local music shop and order one. better chance of getting it cheaper got mine new for 300 with its case for an extra 75 bucks. its sweet man bang for bucks definitly. soon puttin some blazes in it. black white or green . probably white. would put some 707's or 81-7 but im too broke for them at the time. hope ive helped some. as for online dealers if thats what you have to do , yeah musicians friend or music 123. or check out jeremys guitars and see if he has one or can order one.idunno about matts music.havent looked into there really much. later man

Tags
fixed bridge , ibanez trem , local music shop , neck binding , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode