Looking to mod my new iceman - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Looking to mod my new iceman

Just picked this up from the store a few days ago, already put new grover tuners and DR black beauties on it. The problem is...

THE PICKUPS SUCK

anyone know a good combination for this guitar? This is (sadly) my first ibanez, and my first iceman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 PM

Re: Looking to mod my new iceman

depends on wot your going to play do you have eney paticuler fave band or guitarist?

since a ice man is a HH with a 3 way switch its not to hard to pin down the pups you want but if your after a more flexible sound install a coil tap on the tone that way you can get a single coil sound out of your buckers

thow i will say not all buckers have a split wiring option have a look at dimarzio pickups

if it was me ile fit a paf jo on the neck and a Fred on the bridge nice sounding set with out been over powered
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:21 PM

Reviews: 11

Which Iceman do you have? Because if it's the ICT700, you can sell the pickups for a bit of cash for funding (since they're DiMarzio D-Activators).

What are you playing. Rock? Metal? Death Metal? Regge?

And what amp/effects? Help us help you
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Wink Re: Looking to mod my new iceman

It's an ic200,and i got it for around 400 with the ORIGINAL case. I didn't want the new iceman guitars they make now because they all sound the same, and it didn't have the awesome iceman headstock

i already put grover tuners on it, so the tuning is pretty much set.

My favorite bands are pantera, alice in chains, and suicide silence, so a heavy sounding pickup set would be nice. I mean, they sound good stock, but once i try to play heavy riffs, it all turns to ****.

P.s, i'll post pics of it once i get the files fixed

p.s.s. i'm not sticking to a budget, so shoot whatcha got
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 02:01 PM

You should try D. Allen P-51s. They are amazing!!! I have never heard humbuckers as good as these and I'v had/played quite a few. These are great for Classic rock, hard rock, and metal, and I can even get a good bit of blues out of them if I wanted. Don't mind the first video on the site, i think the video with Phil Hughley. the guy had a really wierd pedal configuration or something. i am not affiliated with D. Allen in any way shape or form. But trust me, these pick ups are where its at. Great tone, takes distortion really well and some of the best cleans I have heard out of a bucker ever!! Its not letting me post links but if you go to Dallenpickups.com, click on the humbuckers link, it should be the second one down. good luck!

Last edited by guitar guy; 01-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 02:40 PM

Reviews: 21

I would go with a Bill Lawrence L-500XL, a Bareknuckle Painkiller, or even the Dimarzio D-Activator that comes with the ICT700.

Tags
ic200 , iceman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode