Looking for a new pickguard. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Looking for a new pickguard.

Hey guys I'm having trouble finding aftermarket pickguard for my RG750. Looking for either mirror or smoked mirror, maybe swirl.
Anybody have any suggestions as to where I can find one? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 11:21 AM

Re: Looking for a new pickguard.

I got a mirror pickguard for my jem for $30 shipped, and was very happy with it. There were 3 holes that didn't line up perfectly tho, so I just left them without a screw so I wouldn't be damaging anything. I don't know if the three holes not lining up were the fault of the guitar or the pickguard itself. The guard was being sold as a jem/RG550 replacement. I have since taken the guard off, as I sold that jem, and have an incoming RG655 which I will be putting the mirror guard on cause I don't like the black guard that comes with it. I'll post a pic of my Jem with the replacement mirror guard on my twitter page so you can see. You don't need an account, just google my twitter handle @Ibrknthanez. Ebay is the site I got my guard from ,and a quick search on there I'm sure will reveal plenty of options. I was satisfied with my guard, so even tho I'm not here to promote that site, I have to I guess! I am in no way affiliated with the seller, but the seller had a lot of guards for $25-$30 and should be easy to find. I wouldn't be surprised if the guard fits great but maybe a screw or two don't line up. Sending someone the guard you have to have an exact template made is im sure possible,it would take more time obviously. I was happy with a quick fix,and u really had to look close to see that there were a few screws missing. Didn't bother me. Good Luck!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

I didn't see the pic on your Twitter! But Yeah I see those Pickguards on the bay often, but the 750 has pickguard mounted pickups. If I remember correctly Jems and 550s are mounted to the body, so I can't use those. The only Pickguards I see for the 750 are the black ones that I already have. lol
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezzerScrooge View Post
I didn't see the pic on your Twitter! But Yeah I see those Pickguards on the bay often, but the 750 has pickguard mounted pickups. If I remember correctly Jems and 550s are mounted to the body, so I can't use those. The only Pickguards I see for the 750 are the black ones that I already have. lol
550's and Jems (other than some florals and swirls) all had guard mounted pickups.

PerleGuitars001 on ebay will make exactly what you want/need. You have to specify through messages what guitar your buying for. Nate will have ZERO problem making the guard you need.

He is also a member here...... you could PM him. His name here is PCG
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 12:42 AM

I'm real sorry about that, I was adding a link for the pickguards with the pics on my twitter, and doing some due diligence checked on your type of RG, and saw there were none listed from seller I got mine from. I was surprised to not see one, but as RGTfanatic stated the same guy can make one for ya it seems! I got distracted somehow and the tweet was sitting there, just needed to hit send.. im a putz, sorry about that. I put it up now in case you wanna see my white jem with mirror pickguard if you were thinking about a mirror one. I love it! My twitter is @Ibrknthanez
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Awesome guys! Thank you very much! I'm gonna message him now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode