Looking for source for J custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Question Looking for source for J custom

Currently looking for source for J custom. I'm located in Pennsylvania. I'm assuming I can't purchase through local shop even though they are an Ibanez dealer. Is that correct?

Thanks
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 PM

Re: Looking for source for J custom

Yupp correct, j customs are on avaliable in japan. If you wish to purchese one theres a really exellent Australian site, www.importstrings.com or Mrsparkle on **** is a my personal recommanded seller depending on his current inventory.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 PM

Reviews: 10

www.ibanezrules.com, especially if you live in the US. However, Rich only sells "used" ones - which is a slight misnomer, as his "used" is over-the-top quality and accurately described.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
Yupp correct, j customs are on avaliable in japan. If you wish to purchese one theres a really exellent Australian site, www.importstrings.com or Mrsparkle on **** is a my personal recommanded seller depending on his current inventory.
Are you kidding, import strings prices are so cheap compared to standard Ibanez guitars from regular shops in Australia...

Nope importstrings are cheap as from an Australian point of view..
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 04:17 AM

+1 for meestursparkle
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris_T View Post
+1 for meestursparkle

Id be careful with meestersparkle... there is alot of talk about him and how ibanez are cracking down on people parallel exporting J Customs for a lack of better words.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 07:41 AM

Really, Care to go into more details? Thats just stupid, i mean ibanez still make there money (if not more then the seller) and they are simply supplying a demanded product to rest of the world if ibanez would pull there fingers out and offer such quality outside of japan we wouldnt have the problem. EG open the USA custom shop back open to the public.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Id be careful with meestersparkle... there is alot of talk about him and how ibanez are cracking down on people parallel exporting J Customs for a lack of better words.
A friend bought an rgt las year from him. Excellent service (the guy has 100% rep). Now as far as this new issue with ibanez not exporting J Customs, I think it comes down to the seller. If he can ship it, you can buy it.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Well according to the people in the know... Meestersparkle may be shut down, and whomever is supplying him with the guitars may also feel some heat..

No one is saying Meestersparkle is a bad seller or untrustworthy. I am simply saying there are some new things Ibanez are doing to crack down on the exporting of J Customs..

No way can he afford to buy J Customs direct from a shop at retail price and make a profit after that. Obviously he is getting wholesale prices from someone who has a licensed deal with Ibanez and they are breaking the rules....

anyways I am hardly in the know, I just hear whispers, so dont take my word, but the whispers I get are from people in the know..
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Can they legally stop him selling?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
Can they legally stop him selling?

Like I mentioned, if he is simply buying guitars direct from shops at retail prices and then selling for a profit on 3bay I cant see them having any right to stop him from selling what in all sense of the word becomes a second hand guitar.

But I don't think he is because he needs to make a profit. So whomever is supplying him with these J Customs at good prices so he can turn a profit will be the ones in a legal bind with Ibanez..

Why any guitar store would risk their entire ibanez line on one seller is beyond me..

Again I don't know the full story, but I am fascinated with it..
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Me to, It wouldnt be to hard to track down the supplier would it given the rare and limited runs simply who ever is given the stock must be supplying him, so just add the numbers together. Like i said before why arent these offered to the rest of the world? why are they only sold in japan?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:32 PM

There is a place in Denver Colorado called "drum & Guitar Land" That can get anything available in Japan.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Well according to the people in the know... Meestersparkle may be shut down, and whomever is supplying him with the guitars may also feel some heat..

No one is saying Meestersparkle is a bad seller or untrustworthy. I am simply saying there are some new things Ibanez are doing to crack down on the exporting of J Customs..

No way can he afford to buy J Customs direct from a shop at retail price and make a profit after that. Obviously he is getting wholesale prices from someone who has a licensed deal with Ibanez and they are breaking the rules....

anyways I am hardly in the know, I just hear whispers, so dont take my word, but the whispers I get are from people in the know..
Everything you say makes perfect sense and I have no reason to argue not even with the whispers. :-)

The op should move fast, while the supply lasts. Ibanez should rethink this though. It's just cash in their wallet and everybody is happy.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIbanezGuy View Post
There is a place in Denver Colorado called "drum & Guitar Land" That can get anything available in Japan.

Chesbro cannot import JC's. DCGL cannot get them.

Tags
j custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode