Low TRS Trem - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Low TRS Trem

People sure do trash talk about these but I have never had any problems with them, mine stay in tune perfectly. I dive bomb and pull notes and squeals all day dong and it still sounds good. I know they are supposedly the low end trems but I have had good experiences with them. Anyone else? Someone else has to have had good luck with em too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:07 PM

Re: Low TRS Trem

you should place some bets and buy lottery tickets...
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:31 PM

seriously tho- i guess they're probably fine when in perfect setup, it's maybe just harder to get that setup and there's more chance for things to screwup compared to the edges
also- weaker parts and diff design, it's gonna be slightly different performance-wise
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 PM

Reviews: 120

I never had a problem with mine on my RG470. It just doesn't last as long as the edge variants seeing as they have more superior metals used to make them. I used my LO-TRS for 9 years before the knife edges were too worn and when filed had gone through to brass or whatever they a made of.
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:06 AM

i never had trouble with mine, as well. mine's on an RG350LTD, 6 years old
they only got out of tune when i do whammys on dead strings - rusty dead strings!
if the strings' new, no problem there
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:07 AM

They are alright but the Lo-trs 2 sucks big time
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:18 PM

we don't like them as much because they are stiff as crap. try an edge and immediately following play the lo-trs...either one. sure you can do 90% of the same techniques with it, but the edge/lo-pros just respond better. way less effort, not as much to fight with. i don't have anymore lo-trs trems in my possesion. i have 5 lo-pros, 1 edge and 4 original floyds as far as locking trems go. with the proper setup, you can get a lo-trs to feel alot like a floyd, but it won't have the tone or the flutter. the edge/lo-pro is just a sleek trem, like driving a corvette to a cavalier.

rich
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 AM

ofr are good...try one insteed and you will never go back ...trust me...
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 12:51 AM

The one that I got most exposure to was my friend's which I setup for him. It was actually very good. It stayed in tune, returned to tune or very close on a dive or rise... it was like a Floyd, maybe a slightly improved floyd.
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 AM

The thing i found with a ofr and trs II is the tone ...the tone of a trs is so so bad ..like so so bad when compared to a ofr on the same guitar the ofr completely changes it to somthing so so good......
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 02:25 AM

i ordered a js100 and had it set up the day it came into the store. i didn't get it back until two weeks later. the reason for this; a string saddle had broken already. that was disappointing, but once i got back i never ran into any probs. so i'll second the comments about the poor metals and also the fact that you CAN do a lot with it, even though it might take some work to get it performing properly. i eventually sold the js100, but i would've definitely hung on to it if i hadn't needed the cash
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 03:12 AM

The Lo TRS II trem on my Jem 555 has performing also for the last 10 years. I also have been able to do every Vai trick etc. and it stayed in tune very well.

Regards

Andrť

post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:40 PM

i agree, i have an Korean RG470 form 1994 (the Jewel BLue one) with an LOTRSII bridge, I play it really hard live... and it always stays in tune, if not, is because old strings... i always do the setup and intonations (REALLY AMATEUR) and it works amazingly fine... the only problem, it is starting to loose the black finish (how do I repair it) and one saddle broke down... but it keeps the tune right fine.... i imagine the edge tremolos are have precision when you make riffs with the tremolo on one note and things like that... but for a low cost double locking its really good, the only problem the materials its made of...

salu2

javier lander (Venezuela)
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 PM

I like the Lo Pro Edge on my 7620s and UV better than my TRS on my S 7420. Still, I rarely have problems with the Lo-TRS lately. It's growing on me.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 PM

I registered here just to post in this old thread how wrong you all are about the Low TRS Trem II!!! I bought a 2000 model S470 back when they first came out, and cost about $800 bucks. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this tremolo! It works 100% perfectly. I have had this axe and pounded on the Floyd Rose for over 10 years now and it still will not even think about going out of tune. It is perfect! I don't understand why you all bash this trem so much. It's been the perfect axe for me, and I have had absolutely no trouble out of it at all. Everyone who has ever played it says it's the best guitar they've ever had in their hands. As for the newer trems that now come on them, there is a reason the price went down so far on this model, and that's it!!! The new trems are ****! I've played them in stores and it's no comparison at all. Anyone who thinks the newer trem is better knows nothing about this axe. You get what you pay for. I was a little pissed off when they discontinued it, only to release a much cheaper version, but I quickly realized that there is a HUGE difference between my older model and the newer, cheap ass ones. I even put an extra spring on it and play with .10's, and no matter how hard I use the whammy, it always stays in tune perfectly...and after 10 years! You people are so wrong about this trem. I have to assume none of you that bash it have ever even played one, or you would know this. I think you're all just echoing one dumb ass's attempt to make his newer style, cheap ass trem sound as if it has some advantage over the Floyd Rose it came with originally. NOPE!!! The original gear is the best. It's stood the test of time and still plays beautifully. I've never even broken a string, and I'm quite an aggressive player. These claims that the Floyd Rose Low TRS Trem II are bad are complete BS!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool who is just repeating some crap they've heard, IMO.

Tags
edge trem , locking trems , pro edge , string saddle , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode