Loyalty of our favorite brands..... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 22
Angry Loyalty of our favorite brands.....

We all have our favorite looking, sounding, playing guitars. Many of us have favorite brands too, But which mlb (major league brand) looks out for you the most.

Pretty sure noone will say Gibson....

(and i'm talking about sponsorships,tech support, availability, price, and product loyalty)

and sorry Ibanez will not get my vote until they Reissue the rg760 In all black.

thoughts, concerns?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Reviews: 10
Smile Re: Loyalty of our favorite brands.....

Schecter has never let me down
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 22
Re: Loyalty of our favorite brands.....

Esp have sponsored a few of my close friends, and owning a real Esp has more prestige than owning anything else in the price range, including gibson with their ridiculous melody makers. Plus you can get the ltd 8 string for half the cost of the ibanez 8 string.

I remember schecters being held in super high esteem, and then they sold out and didnt hear from then until some punks from orange county showed up with them a few years back. The jeff loomis model is great but the stigma of bandwagon lingers...

All hail Ibanez ... that said.... hoshino won't win my vote until the jems are a grand less, the rg760 is reissued in black, and they stop making amps.....

Fender.....500% price increase since the late 70's, gibsons increased an average of 100%....they say its prs's fault but c'mon..... not to mention you have to have been playing since black and white television to get a decent model with your name on it...
1300 dollars for a american std. tele? that's the definition of rape!
(they did at least send me some nice trinkets when i was building a project)

Gibson- ****y....is the reputation deserved? idk how to get started on them......

Jackson- the policy must be, fun shapes>tone...... that and they have a hamster running the pr department.

Charvel-The good son of fender....... the new so cals are magnificent.... and they've been talking to some local guys about endorsements.....

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:23 PM

Awesome, another thread bitching about other brands. Yawn.

An American Standard strat is a grand less than a Jem, which you want, but it's over priced even though it's basically the same guitar. A floating trem and humbuckers aren't for every one.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEE HAMMER View Post

Pretty sure noone will say Gibson....

Ok GIBSON.

Quote:

and sorry Ibanez will not get my vote until they Reissue the rg760 In all black.
Doesnt ibanez make enough black guitars for you???
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Reviews: 2

None of them. But I don't hold it against them...well, maybe a little

Ibanez needs to ditch the edge zero (from what I gather), and the edge III on $1000(CDN) guitars (Xiphos, RGT42, etc) is horse ****. I don't care for Maple fretboards so they don't win anypoints from me there. Haha. But signatures for Dragonforce recently are cool...as I like them a lot.

Fender...well, I don't think I have one nice thing to say about Fender.

Dean needs to stop raping Dimebag...we get it already.

Jackson like Alder. I don't. Used to have Dinky and it was great...but simply didn't play as well as my cheap RGs. That and they discontinued the only Soloist I was interested in...or stopped making in the US or something like that. Although they did release an Adrian Smith Signature.

Gibson makes some quality instruments. But they cost way too much and I don't think they have ever made a single model I like. Well, they probably have made stuff I would like I just don't know about it.

PRS has pretty finishes and that's about it...

ESP is weird for me. I really like the look of the F series but they don't make those in the ESP line. And I really like the Horizon model...but they the top of the line one ****s it all up with Duncans and Fixed bridge.

BC Rich makes like 1 guitar I like. Fortunately it is reasonably priced.

Washburn they just don't make a single guitar I like. Nothing against them.

I think Brand loyalty is just stupid. The name on the headstock doesn't really mean that much. They're are always happy accidents (where a low end model turns out being great) and terrible mistakes (where the really expensive guitar plays like crap). I don't expect companies to look out for me. I expect to make guitars and if they happen to make one I like I look and specs of then I'll try it out. If I still like it, I'll consider buying it.

I wish Ibanez would use more quilted Maple tops. I just love 'em.

Elcid said:
A floating trem and humbuckers aren't for every one.

Yes, this is true. But fortunately this is about how the company takes care of you so if they don't have that stuff, it is a bad thing.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 PM

I like Ibanez guitars, and Jacksons as well. I also like Fenders, some Gibsons (especially the hollow bodies) and I love PRSes. I like a few Heritage guitars, Taylors, Martins,and Ovations as well. Ramirez and Kenny Hill make some spectacular classicals. There are tons of nice guitars out there, and some of them are from Korea as well.
As for "which looks out for me the most" I don't know what you're talking about. Who has the best warranty? Who is going to fight the hardest to get me as an endorser? I don't care about any of that crap honestly. If a company makes a nice instrument, they've pretty much held up their end of the bargain.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 PM

I like Ibanez guitars but only the older ones, the newer prestiges are crap IMHO I'd rather get their 3xx series.

Fender too, I only like fender japan no USA fender for me. I don't think they play as good as their japanese brother.

Gibson, so far I've had luck with gibson, tried the les paul slash signature and love it and the others as well.

Yamaha guitar is the best so far, all of their guitar plays and fits well into my hands, the neck is damn easy to play on even on rusty strings. The older pacifica 821D is one of the best guitar out there, the rgx121 which is cheap but plays better than the newer prestige ibanez model.

Jackson guitars I only tested one so I can't comment much.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
...and sorry Ibanez will not get my vote until they Reissue the rg760 In all black.
In black? Heck, we've been trying to get Ibanez to release guitars in any color but black.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeHappy View Post
Elcid said:
A floating trem and humbuckers aren't for every one.

Yes, this is true. But fortunately this is about how the company takes care of you so if they don't have that stuff, it is a bad thing.
No company will make everyone happy. I guess I just can't wrap my head around all the blind irrational Fender hate that is so prevalent on this site. Every time a stupid thread like this is started no one mentions the Strats Fender did make that were super strats and that didnt sell so they were discontinued. Fender is a great guitar company that has provided the blue print about not only how to make an electric guitar for damn near every company, but also how to run a very successful business.

Sorry Fender doesn't try to kiss every individual players ass, but even if they did most of you would still cry about the prices.

Making a great product that sells well isn't a bad thing. That's the cool thing about having so many choices from so many different manufacturers. There is something for every one out there.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
In black? Heck, we've been trying to get Ibanez to release guitars in any color but black.
Exactly
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 PM

Caparison for me.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
No company will make everyone happy.
Which is probably why the dude started the thread to find out what company made who happy? Don't see anything wrong with that.

And blind hate is on pretty much every internet forum. Go to a jackson forum and people hate Ibanez, etc, etc. Sure it's dumb but tis the way of life.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeHappy View Post
Go to a jackson forum and people hate Ibanez, etc, etc. Sure it's dumb but tis the way of life.
I don't know about that specific statement. I'm a member at a Jackson/Charvel too and I don't see much hate, if any, for Ibanez over there. Besides hating an inanimate object like a guitar is kind of pointless isn't it? I mean you can dislike the person or people that made it but a guitar is just wire and wood. I make it a point not to love or hate anything that can reciprocate.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Forgot to say I don't have any favourite brand a good guitar is a good guitar regardless of what brand.

Tags
esp , fender , gibson , ibanez , schecter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode