LTD KH202 any decent? Been offered one for pretty cheap - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

LTD KH202 any decent? Been offered one for pretty cheap

Title says all.

Young guy that has moved on from his Metallica phase is offering me a KH202 model for pretty cheap. He is asking 200. Its an older one from the early 2000 era, Korea made, TRS style trem and route (wish it wasn't) and pretty clean. Stock electronics and hardware.

The trem can be swapped out, I'd probably try to snag a good used gotoh or original floyd for it. I can live with the TRS shaped route. The EMG HZs, I have no clue as I've honestly never messed with EMGs ever. I can easily address that too as pickups can be easily swapped if I found they didn't do it for me.

Guitar is in ok shape, a few bumps and bruises but nothing major. Frets are not too worn and appear to have alot of life left on em. I'm thinking of taking a chance on it. Don't know much about ESP/LTD guitars, like the EMGs never messed with one but theres plenty of em out there. They cant be complete crap.

What do you think? Should I try and get it for less or does 200 for a secondhand KH202 seem about right? Just considering this as it could be a fun project to fix up over the holiday season.

Thanks in advance.
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: LTD KH202 any decent? Been offered one for pretty cheap

You can get modern ones w/floydrose 1000 trem for 200.00 at most guitar centers that are super clean.....
The new ones are Decent guitars for the money.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

If they really have legit 1000 floyds on them and not specials that would possibly be worth investigating.

I don't really need the guitar though. I'm not a fan of signature anything usually and I would have never even considered a KH model otherwise. I prefer a maple fingerboard usually on my guitars but this just intrigued me as a potential project to screw around with while on xmas vacation as I'll have some time on my hands. I think I'll approach him again sometime this week and see if he will take less. If he remains firm at 2 bills I'll pass.

If I get and fix it up I can easily sell or trade it down the pipe for zero or minimal loss probably if I don't invest too much into it.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM

If its the bolt on, I would say its not worth it. If it is neck thru and in really good shape Id say it is. The 202 should be a bolt on, but sometimes folks get the models confused.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM

pass pass pass
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 AM

Reviews: 11

Eh. I wouldn't. They suck.

Though it is miles better if you plan on blocking the bridge.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM

$200 is about midrange of what these axes go for used @ GC.

I've always liked them, they're not high end, but they pretty nice for a lower mid-level super strat. I really dig those skull&bones inlays too.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM

One of my students has one and I am constantly repairing it.. it is falling apart all over the place.. I'd never trash it in front of him as he's really young but I swear I'm working on that thing every 2 weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode