Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 7
Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?!

Check out this guitar http://www.guitardoctor.com/inventor...guitar_ss3.htm

It's a pretty boring guitar, but I thought it was interesting that they also did the headstock in lucite(wonder if it has an affect on tuning stability, not that the lucite isn't stronger than a wood headstock would be, but the way it's glued to the neck doesn't look very strong, but glued is glued I guess). If you go forward some you see the neck pocket isn't shimmed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Re: Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?!

They should have just gone all out and made a Lucite neck and fretboard too.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti
They should have just gone all out and made a Lucite neck and fretboard too.
yeah, will look cool
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 05:17 PM

bc rich has some acrylic guitars that are pretty much the same, I have a mockingbird with a acylic headstock as well that is joined just like the old ibanez scarf joints just the joining is about where the nut for a locking system would be. Might I add that it is heavy as hell too.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfiend14
bc rich has some acrylic guitars that are pretty much the same, I have a mockingbird with a acylic headstock as well that is joined just like the old ibanez scarf joints just the joining is about where the nut for a locking system would be. Might I add that it is heavy as hell too.
Yeah I figured it would be much stronger to join it like a normal scarf joint. I've actually played an acrylic mockingbird once, it was like 15 pounds yikes.

Last edited by brothersnowgone; 05-13-2006 at 08:21 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 08:34 PM

It should have sound chambers. Big bubbles in the Lucite.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti
It should have sound chambers. Big bubbles in the Lucite.
Hey if they did that they could probably bring it down in weight significantly, if there was a really high bubble content. The site said the pick-up sounded great or whatever, but I've never plugged in a clear guitar, prolly doesn't sound very good.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:36 PM

I just checked out the weight of that guitar...

12 pounds!

Jeez. You'd have to be one strong dude to play that thing.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:37 AM

That's kinda cool....it has that classic vintage look too, interesting find.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 01:27 AM

Thumbs up Re: Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?!

Plastic guitars have been around for some time, Switch Guitar's cast the guitar as One solid form, check out the info on the site

Some of there guitars are very nice! & i think Switch has the market nailed when it comes to plastic guitars, they make the best plastic guitar on the market just read how there made you will be suprized with the process.

www.switchmusic.com/

Cheers Jake.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaken777
Plastic guitars have been around for some time, Switch Guitar's cast the guitar as One solid form, check out the info on the site

Some of there guitars are very nice! & i think Switch has the market nailed when it comes to plastic guitars, they make the best plastic guitar on the market just read how there made you will be suprized with the process.

www.switchmusic.com/

Cheers Jake.
Interesting site jake, and the guitar's are pretty reasonably priced. Edit: WTF? Somehow the frown face thingy ended up at the top of my reply???

Last edited by brothersnowgone; 05-14-2006 at 02:51 AM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:08 AM

Smile Re: Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone
Interesting site jake, and the guitar's are pretty reasonably priced. Edit: WTF? Somehow the frown face thingy ended up at the top of my reply???
Just go in to edit post & click on the face you wanted & save,

glad you like the guitars, i'm buying 4 of these guitars as you can see the price is very good for a guitar that will out last most, try one out when you get a chance, there very good for the money you pay for them!

Cheers Jake.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

I might think about picking one up when I get the extra cash, I'm digging the Stealth Innovo. I wonder if they're original Floyd Rose trem's or just cheap copies? Either way great price, if the trem sucked I'd just block it and have a fixed bridge with fine tuners Kinda cool how the thread ended up with another link to cool guitar's.....
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:14 AM

Wink Re: Lucite guitar yeah... lucite headstock?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone
I might think about picking one up when I get the extra cash, I'm digging the Stealth Innovo. I wonder if they're original Floyd Rose trem's or just cheap copies? Either way great price, if the trem sucked I'd just block it and have a fixed bridge with fine tuners
Sorry !the trems are Original Floyd Rose!- (my mistake), the guitar i tested just screamed ! & the sustain was like a Les Paul, plays amazingly good & sh!t's on a Ibz (hate to say it) but the Switch is a better guitar, you just can't beat the way these guitars perform! & if you wan't to put pickups of your choice in the guitar you can! the guitars are cheap enough to do anything you want to them, the sound is amazing with the stock pickups in the guitar but if you put a set of EVO's in there look out Ibz! no way they can match these guitars for sound or playing, Switch is way ahead of the wood guitars in tech terms.

Last edited by jaken777; 05-14-2006 at 03:28 AM.

Tags
acrylic guitar , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , les paul , scarf joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode