Lusting after an Ibby Artcore Expressionist not in my market - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Lusting after an Ibby Artcore Expressionist not in my market

Usually I can always find an Ibanez I want and like in my Ibanez USA market catalog, but recently there's a later 2015 addition in Japan's Ibanez catalog that has my eye.

It's the flamed sycamore, chrome hardware AS83 with Super 58s. The neck profile is similar to a 1960 slim taper Gibson neck, but somewhat thicker. My main Ibby is an older AS73 with fattish 1959 profile neck with regular output ACH humbuckers which lack high end clarity but I think the Super 58s should resolve that issue.

http://info.shimamura.co.jp/guitar/n...artcoreseries/

A very rough Google US translation of non-English portions of this page is below:

Ibanez / AS83 & AM83 (Semi Hollow type) as83- AS83 Manufacturer's suggested retail price (excluding tax) 75,000 (including tax 81,000) Selling price (excluding tax) 60,000 (including tax 64,800) JAN: 4515276752813

It will be released in December 2014 in late am83- AM83 Manufacturer's suggested retail price (excluding tax) 75,000 (including tax 81,000) Selling price (excluding tax) 60,000 (including tax 64,800) JAN: 4515276752820 It will be released in December 2014 in late Both of the two, has become a dot-position mark, TOP / BACK / SIDES both Dark Violin Sunburst finish. It has become a bluesy and semi-hollow type that strike a classical impression.

AS83 is, John Scofield has become (John Scofield) signature model of the same size, AM83 is, we become a smallish round. I'm happy point also where it has adopted a knob equipped with a non-slip rubber. Rock, blues, jazz, and so on to be active in the almighty, hollow type of guitar is a smoothly entered to able model also anyone who never played. ※ synonymous presence of Ibanez humbucking pickup, it is equipped with a Super 58.

All that being said, it still comes in line after a used MIJ black RG I saw which has original Edge trem and black hardware throughout. When getting guitars/amps/pedals there must be some sort of sane method of narrowing stuff down, but I haven't found it yet.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 05-07-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode