Luthiers that make custom S series guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 149
Reviews: 1
Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

I've spent months looking for a decent Custom shop that could make me an ibanez S series body. But it looks like barely any shops do this. Has anyone had any success finding one?

And yes , i have used the search function and nope no help yet.
Trickae is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 3,922
Reviews: 11
Re: Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

I've actually researched this a bit myself. It's truly more prudent to get an s series body and have someone modify it, or else you will basically be paying someone to build you a guitar from scratch. For whatever reason, theres really not much demand for this instrument


edit: Im NOT saying no one is doing this. Im just saying in my time searching, I havent come across anything.
linuxpenguin is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 60
Re: Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

HI , there is a shop in The Netherlands , Europe called Vox Humana.
They do custom bodies, i'm sure they can make you an S-Model.
Just send an email http://www.voxhumana.nl/cms/index.php
Very nice people and great work they do !!!
patricio2010 is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,246
Reviews: 120
Re: Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickae View Post
I've spent months looking for a decent Custom shop that could make me an ibanez S series body. But it looks like barely any shops do this. Has anyone had any success finding one?

And yes , i have used the search function and nope no help yet.
You're in Australia, so contact ET Guitars. They are in Mittagong, so not far from you. There's a banner for them at the top of every page on Jemsite.
LonePhantom is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 149
Reviews: 1
Re: Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
You're in Australia, so contact ET Guitars. They are in Mittagong, so not far from you. There's a banner for them at the top of every page on Jemsite.
Yep I've contacted them - still waiting for a response

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricio2010 View Post
HI , there is a shop in The Netherlands , Europe called Vox Humana.
They do custom bodies, i'm sure they can make you an S-Model.
Just send an email http://www.voxhumana.nl/cms/index.php
Very nice people and great work they do !!!
I'll send them an email. Would you say the quality is almost matched to Ibanez japan?


Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
I've actually researched this a bit myself. It's truly more prudent to get an s series body and have someone modify it, or else you will basically be paying someone to build you a guitar from scratch. For whatever reason, theres really not much demand for this instrument


edit: Im NOT saying no one is doing this. Im just saying in my time searching, I havent come across anything.
I agree - it looks more worthwhile to purchase an S series and have a custom shop modify it.

I was after the usual
* quilted maple
* custom inlays
* reverse headstock
I'm surprised there isn't more demand for these guitars at custom shops.

I wish the selection of S series guitars were better.
Trickae is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 60
Re: Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

@ Trickae, the bodies are beautiful.Quality is Good yes same as Ibanez Japan.
http://www.voxhumana.nl/cms/index.ph...tpage&Itemid=1

Actually my Ibanez SV420FM body is at the moment at their workshop being stripped.It can be finished any moment.
patricio2010 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 149
Reviews: 1
Re: Luthiers that make custom S series guitars

thanks guys -

I'm leaning towards getting an S8570, but this depends on a decent top coming out for it. If not then I'd buy it - strip the top and get the flame top painted like a PRS. Then refinish the body.
Trickae is offline  
Reply

Tags
custom , s series

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guitars that i think ibanez should make; Satchriossi Comments to Ibanez 22 02-15-2007 09:15 PM
more make your own virtual custom guitars :) ibanezcollector Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 9 06-20-2006 10:07 AM
Ibanez LACSD 27 Fret guitars! - 2nd series of "LA Custom Sho David Ho All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 11 11-23-2005 04:05 PM
way to make all guitars setup similar? BrianH Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 4 02-25-2003 01:13 PM
Change the JS series? - make it a "true" signature model... jay ratkowski Comments to Ibanez 19 03-03-2001 02:00 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome