made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:06 PM

Re: made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Knall View Post
Yeah, you can find a lot of good 550/570s on e-bay around the $400 mark.
+10000. The ever popular RG550 certainly wont let you down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 09:38 PM

Reviews: 120

I played one of those maple fretboard Jacksons last week and while it was well built I didn't really like the shape and feel of the neck.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I played one of those maple fretboard Jacksons last week and while it was well built I didn't really like the shape and feel of the neck.
That's my main beef with them. I don't see how people can prefer Jackson necks, unless they specifically want that chunkiness.
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Such an old thread!
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM

Reviews: 13

The Jackson's neck are not that chunkie, it's not like a Fender Strat or an LP. It's almost like the wizardII neck that's all.

I would definitely go for the Japan Jackson as Korean made guitars Sux big time on whatever brand.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:37 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp3lin View Post
The Jackson's neck are not that chunkie, it's not like a Fender Strat or an LP. It's almost like the wizardII neck that's all.
That's funny, I found a Fender Mex Strat more comfortable than the Jackson. I was quite surprised. I can't quite put my finger on what was causing me to dislike the Jackson neck, I mean the guitar was well built and all, but the Fender seemed to be so much better.
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:28 PM

I got used to playing my late 80's Les Paul and a custom shop ESP which were my main guitars for several years. Alas I sold them to pay for college (Paid for two terms tuition!) and now play the Jackson and Ibanez.

Both the Gibson and the ESP had necks that were much more like my Jackson than my Ibanez. I guess it's what you get used to.

My Washburn N4 had an absolutely awesome neck but was lost between LAX and Honolulu international... Some baggage handler is probably playing it as we speak...
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:16 AM

wanna buy a gig worthy thrash monster ,my new(ish0dkmg upgrade,in blue archtop,jt580,r/headstock (bound)emg81,85,blackhardware [email protected]
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:18 AM

[email protected]
DkMG 2008 model around 350 w/h/case.
swap 4 rg5xx
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:43 AM

IMHO it goes like this: MIJ Ibanez > MIJ Jackson > MIK Ibanez.

Rock on!
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 AM

MIJ Ibanez > MIJ Jackson is not necessarily true in all cases. A recent DK2M had better playability and finish than my week-old RG1570 and the original Duncans beat the [email protected] out of the stock RG pups. Too bad I had to return the DK2M due to trem issues, which I was going to swap out for an OFR but no stock of DK2M's atm in UK so picked the RG instead.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

ive always thought neck quality off the bat for jacksons is excellent

i had a js30rr i put evo in it and a jb and 1 meg p/p and 500k .022 setup with full shielding, and i loved it, i sold my other two reall randy rhoades guitars becasue i couldnt find the feel difference, and i swore the js30rr(cheapo) played better and i loved it..and i hate the stupid graphics on the reall rr, along with the lame control cavity cover

and ibanez's a great even in the low level, but i think jacksons are reaaaly nice just elcheapo, to custom shop
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:19 PM

Reviews: 3

Any 90's era MIJ Jackson will trump any Ibanez cept the higher end one's. The early Jackson's were on par with their USA counterparts in quality.

Don't get me wrong I love my Ibanez's and I love my Jackson. But the build quality of 80's-early 90's when Grover was still there are second to none.

Anything after Fender bought them out unless you are willing to way over spend for the custom shop stuff is not anywhere close in quality to the 80's-early 90's.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanrio View Post
MIJ Ibanez > MIJ Jackson is not necessarily true in all cases. A recent DK2M had better playability and finish than my week-old RG1570 and the original Duncans beat the [email protected] out of the stock RG pups. Too bad I had to return the DK2M due to trem issues, which I was going to swap out for an OFR but no stock of DK2M's atm in UK so picked the RG instead.
Fair enough. Each to their own. I have a 1570 and compared it to DK2's and a RR5 when I bought it, but I liked the Ibanez more. I understand your point though, and totally agree about the Duncans v's stock Ibanez pickups, as I changed mine, but I just love that Wizard neck.

I should have also said that I was comparing the current quality. The late 80's and early 90's Jacksons and Charvels from Japan were great guitars, but then again, the Ibanez lineup was pretty good too.

In the end I think the best thing to do is ignore the name on the headstock and just play as many guitars as possible, and then hope that the one you like best isn't too expensive.

Rock on!
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:50 PM

I would get the Jackson too. I almost bought one, before I got my Japanese ibby.

Tags
access neck joint , alder body , cavity cover , custom shop , dimarzio pups , duncan designed , duncan pickups , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose guitar , fret buzz , ibanez guitars , ibanez pickups , jackson pro series , les paul , locking nut , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck joint , patrick eggle , powersound pickups , reverse headstock , ritchie blackmore , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , truss rod , wound strings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode