made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:19 PM

Re: made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetal4Ever View Post
Fair enough. Each to their own. I have a 1570 and compared it to DK2's and a RR5 when I bought it, but I liked the Ibanez more. I understand your point though, and totally agree about the Duncans v's stock Ibanez pickups, as I changed mine, but I just love that Wizard neck.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Wizard neck but I guess I have better memories of the DK2M because of the quality maple fingerboard and no fret buzz after a quick setup (2mm string height at 24th fret). My RG1570 is still not setup due to the terrible fret buzz between frets 1-7 for the wound strings. Sure I can shim the nut to fix the open string buzz but looks like I'll need a fret dressing too, which will be an additional £50-60. Thinking of sending it back to the dealer... too much trouble finding a playable guitar under £500 :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 06:00 AM

since I have a jackson DK2S, now I can make some comments.

Japanese jackson VS korean Ibanez..? which one is better.

Japanese jackson, say DK2 S like mine , features:
- licensed floyd
- original duncan pups
- alder body
- bound rosewood fingerboard, bound headstock

Funny thing about this jackson :
1. I don't see any significant high quality like Japanese guitar does. It looks like korean to me, only it has a sticker 'made in japan' , that anyone can put the sticker on it.
2. look at the binding quality, very low standard compared to any Ibanez japan binding quality.
3. the first time I got my hands on the DK2S, i feel like holding a korean made RG 270 DX.

So, before anyone can proof me that the DK2-S is true made in japan, I will only believe it as korean or china-made with 'made in japan' sticker on it.

quality wise.? not any different than any earlier korean made Ibanez RG 270 DX, RG 370 DX), but I trust latest korean made Ibanez is better in craftmanship.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
So, before anyone can proof me that the DK2-S is true made in japan, I will only believe it as korean or china-made with 'made in japan' sticker on it.
They are made in Japan. What country it comes from doesn't actually matter. Some of the worst guitars you can find are USA made.

Ibanez's highest end guitars are made in Japan because they are a Japanese company, the same is true with ESP, Caparison, etc.

Jackson is an American company, and they generally only make mid-range guitars in Japan, like Fender.

The Jackson DK2 is a $600 guitar (base price for the model, you can pay more for some features, but that is what the guitar itself really costs), and you are comparing it to MIJ Ibanez, the cheapest of which is around $750-$800, with most of them being substantially more than that.
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 AM

Jackson anyday.
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextInLine View Post
Moreover if I'm going to play a long gig (I mean 15+ songs) I simply won't trust a Korean made Ibanez .
I have played more than 30 songs with an RG350 and nothing bad happened..
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:16 AM

Reviews: 13
Wink Re: made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub_800 View Post
I have played more than 30 songs with an RG350 and nothing bad happened..
Ritchie Blackmore broke his American Fender during his concert days and it does not take 15 songs to do it.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:59 PM

All i know is that my MIK Prestige S2170 is far superior then any MIJ Jackson i`ve ever known!
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 AM

Ok, how abt japan DK2 vs indo RG?
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areola View Post
Ok, how abt japan DK2 vs indo RG?
dude... it's like comparing a toyota camry vs bajaj.

do you know 'bajaj' ? you are malaysian right? not too far from Indonesia, you must know what bajaj is...
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 03:42 AM

Made in Japan Jackson hands down.
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:11 AM

hehe, just testing.. anyway, there arent korean ibanez being manufactured anymore right except the RGT42 or something..

i m looking for a 24 fret floyd rose guitar and i already have a gio. getting an RG3xx wouldn't really be a step up so its either prestige or jackson pro series... jackson's are less expensive than the prestiges here.. plus they have real duncans in them..

dk2 vs RG1570 anyone?
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
Made in Japan Jackson hands down.
Depends on what MIK Ibanez you`re comparing it to....My MIK Prestige Ibanez blows away any MIJ Jackson that i`ve ever had/played!
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Funny thing is...I have a S2170 and I think it sucks.

I also have a DK2M and the playability and sound is SO MUCH better.

Oh just so you know... the 400mm radius on the S2170 is crap. It doesn't work well with the ZR trem or locking nut radii. This is one of the reasons you can't get the low action often associated with Ibanez guitars with it. The fake dimarzio pups are weak. The neck pocket is too shallow. I could go on and on.

I could have bought 2 DK2M's for the price of the S2170. The first S2170 I ordered had a crooked trem and pup ring....junk....I sent it back. The second S2170 I received sucks too.

Anyone wanna buy a like new s2170?
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man View Post
Funny thing is...I have a S2170 and I think it sucks.

I also have a DK2M and the playability and sound is SO MUCH better.

Oh just so you know... the 400mm radius on the S2170 is crap. It doesn't work well with the ZR trem or locking nut radii. This is one of the reasons you can't get the low action often associated with Ibanez guitars with it. The fake dimarzio pups are weak. The neck pocket is too shallow. I could go on and on.

I could have bought 2 DK2M's for the price of the S2170. The first S2170 I ordered had a crooked trem and pup ring....junk....I sent it back. The second S2170 I received sucks too.

Anyone wanna buy a like new s2170?
*lol* I`m the opposite,i had a DK2M and besides the pups,i thought it sucked! Sorry you didn`t like the S2170,mines excellent.
How much do you want for your S2170? If you think it`s that bad i`m sure you don`t want much for it right?
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areola View Post
hehe, just testing.. anyway, there arent korean ibanez being manufactured anymore right except the RGT42 or something..

i m looking for a 24 fret floyd rose guitar and i already have a gio. getting an RG3xx wouldn't really be a step up so its either prestige or jackson pro series... jackson's are less expensive than the prestiges here.. plus they have real duncans in them..

dk2 vs RG1570 anyone?
that's easy.
RG 1570 anyday.

even i don't like how it looks, but i don;t have second thought, RG 1570 all the way.

Tags
access neck joint , alder body , cavity cover , custom shop , dimarzio pups , duncan designed , duncan pickups , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose guitar , fret buzz , ibanez guitars , ibanez pickups , jackson pro series , les paul , locking nut , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck joint , patrick eggle , powersound pickups , reverse headstock , ritchie blackmore , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , truss rod , wound strings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode