made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 02:49 AM

Re: made in japan jackson imports vs made in korea ibanez RG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELicari View Post
Depends on what MIK Ibanez you`re comparing it to....My MIK Prestige Ibanez blows away any MIJ Jackson that i`ve ever had/played!
I actually prefers it than the MIJ Ibanez as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:47 PM

I have a DKMG that I find to be much higher quality than most of my Ibby's. I think they go for about $700 new, and as of now, I don't know of any $700 Ibby's that are quite up to par.

I don't know about the lower range Jackson's, though... I can't really stand to play any of them. I don't know if it's all due to my own snobbery, but they just feel like toys to me. I guess I feel the same way about any "budget" guitar, regardless of who makes it.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanrio View Post
too much trouble finding a playable guitar under 500 :P
Perhaps you should consider taking up a different instrument :P

My 2003 (after Jackson moved their operations in Japan to a different factory in order to make guitars of lesser quality) DK2 set me back 167 British pounds ($272 US), and the other 8 electrics I have don't compare. Neither do any of my uncle's 19 guitars. The slender neck greatly eases the strain on my left wrist during long thrashing sessions, it came with a REASONABLY low action (and no fret buzz) after it was delivered to my door and the Duncan Designed JB-TB4 (same product name as the "real" Seymour Duncans, built to the same specification and, from what I've heard, the same sound) has everything I could ask for in a pickup.

But we aren't living in the 1960s. The quality of even the cheapest guitars on the market today far surpasses what was considered "playable" back then. If you honestly can't find a PLAYABLE guitar for under 500 quid, then try looking a bit harder...
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Necro'ed not one! Not two! Necro'ed THREE TIMES!

Oh, what the hell, I'll give my 2 cents.

IMO, as of 2008, those last few MIK Ibanez guitars seem about equal with the MIJ Jacksons of the same year.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
If you are looking for the best available for the cash, I'd go with an old Proline, or an RG-550 myself. You could get a nice one of either and maybe two pedals for $400.

jim
OLD thread, an RG550 and 2 pedals for 400 bucks!
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 04:45 PM

Of the 2, the Jackson is the much better guitar. The Jackson will have Seymour Duncans and a Jackson JT580 (which is much better than the Edge III on the Ibanez). Those features alone sell me on the guitar. Also, the Jackson will most likely be Alder, as opposed to the basswood Ibanez. This isn't a quality concern, mostly just personal preference. The jackson neck is a bit thicker than the Ibanez, but NOT by much. I would buy the Jackson in a heartbeat.

Tags
access neck joint , alder body , cavity cover , custom shop , dimarzio pups , duncan designed , duncan pickups , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose guitar , fret buzz , ibanez guitars , ibanez pickups , jackson pro series , les paul , locking nut , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck joint , patrick eggle , powersound pickups , reverse headstock , ritchie blackmore , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , truss rod , wound strings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode