Marty Friedman Model??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Marty Friedman Model???

I saw this in friedman's website:
"Marty Friedman has sold over 10 million albums with the multi-platinum band Megadeth. He has also a dedicated following for his own solo albums which stylistically range from orchestral soundtrack style music to furious aggressive rock, with the common thread being Marty`s unique and tasty sense of melody. His latest album is called `Music For Speeding` and it marks his solo debut with the heavy hitting major label Universal Japan as well as Steve Vai`s Favored Nations label in the US. Marty has toured the world several times over very successfully with Megadeth. Along with touring, he is in high demand to do music/guitar seminars and clinics all over the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America, which he has done hundreds to date. Marty is also a regular columnist for Guitar World magazine, Young Guitar magazine (Japan) and Burrn Magazine in which he writes a column in Japanese, a reader favorite. Marty has designed his own signature model guitar with Jackson Guitars (the KE-1) that has been selling consistently since it was put on the market. He has just begun an endorsement relationship with Ibanez. His new 'Marty Friedman model' guitar will make its world debut in Oct '05 at the Tokyo Music Show. "

http://www.martyfriedman.com/news-sub.php?sub=Biography
has this been discussed?
if yes, what model is it based on? SZ or else?
SZ or RGA would be boring. In the same website, it says he is using Ibanez SZ, RG and AR.
I hope it's based on AR, because he is clearly playing a gibson LP on the cover of his new CD and AR is most similar to LP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 PM

Re: Marty Friedman Model???

Maybe an very nice axe, as well!
Tubarão.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 03:55 AM

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur
Nice!
LP esque!
Tubarão.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:05 AM

I like 'what I see of it. I'd like to see more as well, especially the specs, bridge, wood, pups.... neck profile.... argh!

If it looks nice and is priced nice (ha!), I might just get one!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 AM

His signature model will no doubt be a SZ based model. He does prefer those to anything else at the minute. Looking forward to seeing it if it happens!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
His signature model will no doubt be a SZ based model. He does prefer those to anything else at the minute. Looking forward to seeing it if it happens!
the picture of the prototype indicates a single cut away model, which makes sense because of his early choice of GibLP.
But on the other hand, the prototype also looks like a PRS single cut. And we all know what happened to that model. Ibanez being a major guitar brand will be careful about that! Maybe that's why his sig model will unveiled in japan. I don't know, purely speculations.

PS:
having listening to "music for speeding" for a while, I have to say it would be a dream if marty joins joe and steve in the next G3. He's a much better match to them than eric johnson or Ingway Malmsteen. Not to say they are not good.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 10:15 PM

in one respect its' old news, there will be a Marty Friedman model released in the next few days(?), I've seen about six possiblities based on what I've seen on his site too, I say let the pictures do the talking, I don't really care as long as it doesn't have a huge price tag.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 07:17 AM

i remember seeing Marty Friedman with a neck thru SZ on an ad on guitar world magazine. i wish it would be the one!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:24 AM

I would put money on it being the SZ model, and not that double cut-away or the RG. I remember seeing a piece in TG magazine with him and an SZ model. That would suit him more too. And more and more bands are using the SZ models nowadays. Matt Bachand of Shadows Fall plays them. And the band Mudvayne I believe.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
I would put money on it being the SZ model, and not that double cut-away or the RG. I remember seeing a piece in TG magazine with him and an SZ model. That would suit him more too. And more and more bands are using the SZ models nowadays. Matt Bachand of Shadows Fall plays them. And the band Mudvayne I believe.
I like SZ's. But they seem too "PRS"ish.
AR has more character. Rich hasn't posted pix of the 2005 SZ's yet but ibanez website has updated. the new sz's look even better than last year. the maple tops have improved. I hope not just the ones in the photos.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 03:25 PM

This may help anyone wanting to find out more about the Friedman model, or maybe even what Ibanez guitars he is using up until he gets a signature.
Go to this site:-
http://www.richardhallebeek.com/
Go under the "Interviews" section and click on Marty Friedman. You will then see that he is sporting an Ibanez SZ520. Seems stock too, apart from the pickups I am guessing.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 AM

man..that guitar of marty sucks or what. I mean he looked sooo ****ing cool with his jackson (actually it suited him). But well...times change.

Tags
eric johnson , guitar mag , ibanez guitars , jackson guitars , marty friedman , neck thru , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode