Me Shredding on my JDM RG560 : HD Youtube content - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Me Shredding on my Japan RG560 : HD Youtube content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yz5...&tracker=False

Wrote this in a few minutes to test out the new camera. Critique playing and comment on guitar please! Solo is pretty lame, just improv. Never seen myself play guitar before. My hands are a lot more fluid than I thought!

Last edited by guitarzan1143; 03-10-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM

Re: Me Shredding on my JDM RG560 : HD Youtube content

Pretty sweet. Wish I could play like that.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 03:52 PM

Reviews: 17

Solos is great! Don't put yourself down, You might think its crap because you hear yourself play everyday haha but others will think otherwise

Awesome guitar btw
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Reviews: 11

for the love of god. please dont refer to a guitar as "JDM Fresh" ever again lmao. Cant watch video at work, Ill check it out when I get home.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Don't know what "jdm fresh" means.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Reviews: 2

I don't even know what JDM means...............lol

Great vid guitar, I seriously dig the song!!! It really deserves more production. The 560 sounds really nice too, but some parts sound a little compressed/digital.... what are you using to record with??

Also what pup is in the neck position???
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

stock pickups.

Japan Domestic Market.

Line 6 Podxt Live. In my opinion, metal is mean't to sound digital. I've never really listened to a metal album and thought "oh man, that tube amp sounds so good!"

Having been in the studio for numerous metal projects (I write music for video games), almost every single aspect of the signal is digital, we usually laugh at the guys who bring in their rectifiers and 5150s to be mic'd. The Axefx/high-end modelers just do it better. Now LIVE on the other hand... GIMME THOSE TOOBZ

Also there isnt really any mixing. Compression/EQing and with bass and vocals/synth over it... whole new story.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Sorry man, I wasn't very clear........ what I was trying to find out was, how did you record the video and audio together for the youtube clip? I've done a TON of personal computer audio recordings (My Ultra-Mini studio....lol) but I can never get my video's to sink up with my music....... so they just all have the crappy audio from my camera.

BTW.... I agree on the way to record metal completely!!! I use SS G-K head exclusively for recording.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

oh. I video taped myself recording the track. muted the video, put the mp3 from Reaper on top of it. used powerdirector pro to sync it up. you can zoom in ULTRA far on the video timeline to get it perfect. powerdirector uploads in HD right to youtube as well. so easy.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Reviews: 4

Very nice, I am a RG560 owner as well and I love the dynamic it brings...
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarzan1143 View Post
stock pickups.

Line 6 Podxt Live. In my opinion, metal is mean't to sound digital. I've never really listened to a metal album and thought "oh man, that tube amp sounds so good!"

Having been in the studio for numerous metal projects (I write music for video games), almost every single aspect of the signal is digital, we usually laugh at the guys who bring in their rectifiers and 5150s to be mic'd. The Axefx/high-end modelers just do it better. Now LIVE on the other hand... GIMME THOSE TOOBZ

Also there isnt really any mixing. Compression/EQing and with bass and vocals/synth over it... whole new story.
i dunno...i've listened to a lot of metal albums and have thought "that's some phenomenal tone". although there is always a lot of distortion and processing, it's the quality of the tone that separates a good metal guitar sound from a poor one. that being said, i do agree that modelers do metal better than they do anything else.

i also agree with rgtfanatic about the tone. maybe digital isn't the best word, i'd say it sounds as though you were running direct with little cab emulation.

but the playing was great and it's alway nice to see an rg in action
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

When I record my personal stuff in the studio, I usually do two tracks of Pod/axefx, then two tracks with my 6505 2x12 combo, one SM57 and one E609 for ambience, and mix accordingly. But that is just my snobbiness. I don't think I had any cabinet emulation. Like I said, this is nothing even remotely serious, just testing the camera, wrote and recorded this in less than 20 minutes. Notice lack of fills/creative beats.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarzan1143 View Post
When I record my personal stuff in the studio, I usually do two tracks of Pod/axefx, then two tracks with my 6505 2x12 combo, one SM57 and one E609 for ambience, and mix accordingly. But that is just my snobbiness. I don't think I had any cabinet emulation. Like I said, this is nothing even remotely serious, just testing the camera, wrote and recorded this in less than 20 minutes. Notice lack of fills/creative beats.
20 MINUTES!!!! Sheesh, it would have taken me 6 MONTHS to have gone half that far....lol.

I really do like the song a lot man. definitely a keeper!! thanks for the info, I'm gonna try to put it to use. I'm such an old fart when it comes to recording. I'm still like 15 years behind the times.........lol. now to google "Reaper" and "PowerDirector Pro"......lol
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

That isn't much of a song. I will record me playing an actual song when I have some time off from work, and a Colt 45 available (my recording session 40 oz. of choice). Haha! I appreciate the input though. Once I get my Zoom H4n I will be doing very high-quality amp demos. I think I am on the right track considering I am 21 and have only been playing for six years. I would love to be in a band, but of course, there are no good musicians in Northern Virginia that give a crap about playing music anymore.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM

That was sick!!!! You got skills man, no lie.....

hotrod

Tags
japan market only , rg560 , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode