Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 02:23 PM

Re: Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS

ugly. no locking nut is dumb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
RCB

Incredibly beautiful guitars. That should definately make it into production (with a locking nut though)
post #18 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixomwhat View Post
ugly. no locking nut is dumb.
It's not dumb at all. Some players prefer it because they say it improves tone. Another thing is if you're not a crazy whammy bar user there's no need for a lock nut. Tony MacAlpine also has Carvin guitars with no lock nut, btw. These guys want the benefits of having the strings locked at the bridge, and of course, fine tuners.

If something works well for the player, it's not "dumb". What is dumb is assuming everyone should have the same requirements.
post #19 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Here it is. Not the greatest pic, but Chris said it was taken with his mobile phone cam. Still, you get the idea.

It's an Edge Pro in black, Bones.
Are you sure that is a green one? It looks like the other one. It seems to look a little different in each pic I see it, some look green, some look gray and some kinda purple.

Whatever it is, it look SWEET
post #20 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

I think you are right, that it is the same one. Look at the Z-shape on the upperhorn. During the show me and my girlfriend were debating if it was dark red or purple. We decided on purple when the houselights were on.
post #21 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
It's not dumb at all. Some players prefer it because they say it improves tone. Another thing is if you're not a crazy whammy bar user there's no need for a lock nut. Tony MacAlpine also has Carvin guitars with no lock nut, btw. These guys want the benefits of having the strings locked at the bridge, and of course, fine tuners.

If something works well for the player, it's not "dumb". What is dumb is assuming everyone should have the same requirements.
no... it is dumb. real dumb.
post #22 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
Are you sure that is a green one? It looks like the other one. It seems to look a little different in each pic I see it, some look green, some look gray and some kinda purple.

Whatever it is, it look SWEET
It's green. I've seen other shots of it and it's definitely green.
post #23 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixomwhat View Post
no... it is dumb. real dumb.
Explain why it's dumb then.
post #24 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:03 PM

Whats the foam behind the nut?
post #25 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Dee

Dampening. Stops the strings ringing out when chords are muted, similar to when you dampen trem springs.
post #26 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:09 PM

Would you ever do that?
post #27 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Dee

I don't dampen the strings at the headstock. Nuno does (member of Jemsite here). I only dampen the trem springs by wrapping about 2 inches of electrical tape around each one. Works great. I tried dampening at the headstock and it didn't seem to make much difference. Maybe it makes more difference on a guitar without a lock nut? I would guess so.
post #28 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 6

That's my ideal 7 string right there. That's a gorgeous instrument. I would like it in green better though.
post #29 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM

How could I get a six string Ibanez guitar with the finish like that? Do they make one off customs or something?
post #30 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immersive View Post
How could I get a six string Ibanez guitar with the finish like that? Do they make one off customs or something?
You won't get it from Ibanez unless you are endorsed by them. They do not have a custom shop that is open to the public.

Tags
air norton , bare knuckle pickups , beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , carvin guitars , chris broderick , custom guitar , custom shop , dave mustaine , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret board , graphite nut , hoshino gakki , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking tuners , maple binding , maple fingerboard , marty friedman , neck humbucker , neck thru , planet waves , production model , quilted maple , ray vaughan , recessed trem , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fret board , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , tony macalpine , trem springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode