Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 08:22 AM

Re: Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Ibanez won't make it, it's almost perfect and loads of people want one therefor.......

People have been asking for more RGA's some want the reversed headstocks some want trems. The RGA321F in blue has been the nicest thing in the Ibanez catalogue since it came out. It still is, and is only seconded by that Blue SV and the E-Gen coming in third

Personally I'd like an RGA321F in blue with a maple board and reversed headstock with body matching finish,

If the Broderick guitar came out I'd be saving up for one.

But just a simple RGA321-BX 7 string with reversed headstock well that would be rather nice and I'd get one. A locking trem would be too much to hope for.

Simply put the RGA's kick ass

P
Could not agree more!

The RGA was and is EVERYTHING that the Ibanez production line needed/needs, rather than constantly rehashing the RG with different textured finishes and inlays it was a more or less completely different feeling AND sounding guitar, I'm so suprised and dissapointed they haven't developed it more apart from bringing out sparkly finishes.

I mean obviously it all depends on what they're selling, I'm sure it will take a long time before they're anywhere near as popular as the RGs, or they may be dropped at all.

For me though, I've owned a Jem and still have my RGA121, and I won't be buying another Ibanez any time in the near future (unless I find a cheap 7 string to mess around with) because I personally feel I've tried more or less everything Ibanez have to offer in terms of the models I'm interested in. If they brought out a maple fingerboard RGA, 7 string RGA, semi-hollow RGA, etc I'd be over the moon, a J-Custom RGA would also be fantastic! I think the line has a lot of potentional, its just gonna take time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
WOW! I would definitely buy this if it came in this blue or the saphire like the RGA.
Funny thing about this finish, though. On sites like scamash.com and such the RGA321 saphire looks somewhat crap, but the pics posted here are absolutely stunning!
It's not the same finish.
post #63 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
It's green. I've seen other shots of it and it's definitely green.
dee that is the same one
post #64 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Sounds like someone's a little bit jealous of a professional's expensive guitar, huh? My custom guitar has sperzel locking tuners with a floyd rose, and a bone nut. You dont NEED a locking nut if you have good quality locking tuners. All it is is another thing to unlock and be annoying for when you have to change strings. Edumacation is good, indeed.

Edit: ive read a few more posts and it seems that our resident guitar genius is just here to rile people up. Sorry I wasted my time posting =P
no I really do think the guitar is butt ugly and I decided to stop posting becuase it seems that i cant post my oppinion of the guitar with out you guys being babies about it.
if you guys like ugly quited top 7 string non locking nut guitars like that go post on the carvin forum.
post #65 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixomwhat View Post
no I really do think the guitar is butt ugly and I decided to stop posting becuase it seems that i cant post my oppinion of the guitar with out you guys being babies about it.
if you guys like ugly quited top 7 string non locking nut guitars like that go post on the carvin forum.
What's "ugly" about a guitar with no locking nut? What the hell are you talking about? I mean to each his own, if you think the guitar's ugly that's fine, everyone has different tastes, but if youre claiming its ugly because it doesnt have a locking nut that is just insane. You dont NEED a locking nut if you have good quality locking tuners. It's just an extra piece to annoy you when changing strings. Do you work for a company that makes locking nuts or something, lmao?
post #66 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
What's "ugly" about a guitar with no locking nut? What the hell are you talking about? I mean to each his own, if you think the guitar's ugly that's fine, everyone has different tastes, but if youre claiming its ugly because it doesnt have a locking nut that is just insane. You dont NEED a locking nut if you have good quality locking tuners. It's just an extra piece to annoy you when changing strings. Do you work for a company that makes locking nuts or something, lmao?
I said the quilt top is ugly. no locking nut is dumb.
post #67 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:07 PM

when i first posted I didnt mean to get your guys panties in a bunch but obviously you giuys cant handle it when somebody has a different oppinion then your own.
If you dont like my oppinion that is fine.
I wont post on this topic again, I didn't want to agrue with you guys.
post #68 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:18 PM

Personally I would have a locking nut on it. But imo it's not dumb for not having one. Afterall I have no trouble staying in tune with my PRS, which doesn't have a locking nut
post #69 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:30 PM

Ok then, I'd love your explanation for why no locking nut is "dumb". Enlighten us.
post #70 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:41 PM

Vigier also doesn't use either locking nut or a locking trem on his 7 string. Improves tone a lot he says...Patrice Vigier does...

Nice axe, btw. Chris Broderick really knows how to use it too.
Like wixomwhat I'm not into quilted tops, but this one doesnt' seem offensive enough to me hehe. Maybe I'm getting mild. Or maybe it's because I'm listening to Silence followed by a deafening roar.
post #71 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
dee that is the same one
I know man. I wouldn't have thought so, going on the "green" pics alone. Pretty crazy how it can look so different.
post #72 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texter View Post
Vigier also doesn't use either locking nut or a locking trem on his 7 string. Improves tone a lot he says...Patrice Vigier does...
Vigier guitars are amazing. The best guitar I ever played was a Vigier back in the 80's. I couldn't believe it had no fine tuners. I asked the salesman about it and he simply said "this guitar doesn't go out of tune". Playability was stupendous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixomwhat View Post
I said the quilt top is ugly. no locking nut is dumb.
Dude, it's a CUSTOM instrument made to the spec of the player who happens not to need a locking nut. It's not dumb at all. It'd be like saying "no neck humbucker is dumb" about a guitar you've had built for your needs, or "no tone knob is dumb".

EDIT: Woo! I have 7,777 posts! I might never post again.

Last edited by Dee; 02-17-2008 at 10:48 AM.
post #73 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 PM

John Petrucci of Dream Theater also doesn't use a locking nut, and hasn't since '99 - so there seems to be a common theme going on here
post #74 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:03 AM

if you dont need the locking nut why put one on there. i personally think it makes the tone shoddier. locking tuners hold perfectly fine even with a bit of tremolo use
post #75 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
if you dont need the locking nut why put one on there. i personally think it makes the tone shoddier. locking tuners hold perfectly fine even with a bit of tremolo use
I abuse the hell out of my trem...Vai type pick up the guitar by the trem thing, etc etc, and mine stays in tune perfectly. I'd say good locking tuners hold perfectly fine, even with a lot of trem use

Tags
air norton , bare knuckle pickups , beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , carvin guitars , chris broderick , custom guitar , custom shop , dave mustaine , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret board , graphite nut , hoshino gakki , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking tuners , maple binding , maple fingerboard , marty friedman , neck humbucker , neck thru , planet waves , production model , quilted maple , ray vaughan , recessed trem , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fret board , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , tony macalpine , trem springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode