Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 08:43 AM

Re: Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS

Those are sweet guitars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Dee

Trems are over-rated, IMO. A few years ago I never thought I'd say that, but going mental on a whammy bar is dated, corny and boring. I like to use a bit of tremolo tastefully nowadays, so I don't need a lock nut either.

Am I getting too old?
post #78 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Trems are over-rated, IMO. A few years ago I never thought I'd say that, but going mental on a whammy bar is dated, corny and boring. I like to use a bit of tremolo tastefully nowadays, so I don't need a lock nut either.

Am I getting too old?
Yes, you're getting too old. I know this because I am too

The only difference is that I think that going mental on the whammy bar is dated and corny, but FAR from boring
post #79 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Dee

Oh, well then... I'd better go buy a wig at once! Thanks Jono!
post #80 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Also think about a nice pair of slippers mine are very comfy, I heartily recommend them
post #81 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:43 AM

It is one guitar. It is black. A lot of the time Trans black guitars come out in pictures as green or purple, the same way Road Flair Red guitars come out in orange or pink in most photographs.
post #82 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Also think about a nice pair of slippers mine are very comfy, I heartily recommend them
I want some slippers, actually. I miss my old ones.

How about a Shackleton's High Seat Chair?
post #83 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:26 PM

if its really black than that SUCKS! Both of those pics look AMAZING. IMO that guitar is as nice as a jem,
post #84 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 PM

Lol. Well, I dont do it 100 times per song. If I'm soloing in a jam or something I might have a section where i use the trem to emphasize notes or just have fun with it in some other way, by abuse I mean be rough on it, not overuse it . Some people, like Lori Linstruth, find it necessary to use the trem for every single note in a solo, which is certainly overkill.
post #85 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:14 AM

Such a shame they had to go and put a trem on that body. Would have been such an amazing guitar had it had the Gibraltar bridge from the RGA's. I swear nowadays, theres always at least one thing on an Ibanez guitar that i dont like, what happen to the good ol days?
post #86 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by clnh5 View Post
Such a shame they had to go and put a trem on that body. Would have been such an amazing guitar had it had the Gibraltar bridge from the RGA's. I swear nowadays, theres always at least one thing on an Ibanez guitar that i dont like, what happen to the good ol days?
Hey mate, you said what I feel too. In fact I posted a similar comment a few months back -- Ibanez always manage to do one thing to a guitar which I don't like, and it's always enough to stop me from buying that guitar. I guess we can't complain at Chris Broderick's guitars because they are only for him, but with the regular production stuff it always happens. Every time. Without fail.

Frustrating!
post #87 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 AM

I would be seriously interested if it was a 6 string with a Gibraltor fixed bridge or an EZ trem. If that guitar hit the street at under $1800 it would be worth it IMHO ( I couldn't see it being any cheaper in comparison to other models, RGT320, RG3520, ect).
post #88 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I would be seriously interested if it was a 6 string with a Gibraltor fixed bridge...
Wouldn't that be the regular RGA line? (minus the reversed headstock)
post #89 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM

is this a string dampener installed?

post #90 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM

Are you referring to the foam? It has been previously posted in this thread that it is used to reduce excessive string noise. Probably not so much "installed" as "placed" beneath the strings.

Tags
air norton , bare knuckle pickups , beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , carvin guitars , chris broderick , custom guitar , custom shop , dave mustaine , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret board , graphite nut , hoshino gakki , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking tuners , maple binding , maple fingerboard , marty friedman , neck humbucker , neck thru , planet waves , production model , quilted maple , ray vaughan , recessed trem , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fret board , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , tony macalpine , trem springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode