Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS - Page 9 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIbz View Post
a gold star? haha

Couple more interesting things on this one....

Chris asked for maple binding on the neck, so it matches the body 'binding' and the headstock as well. We don't do that too often.

The volume knob is actually 1/2 way between the normal volume and tone on a standard RGA, and the there's a mini 'killwitch' toggle beyond the volume.

Mike
Very interesting specs Mike! Any chance it might go on production?

Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Or anything close to those specs? A flame or quilt top with neck thru, two hums, EZ trem, locknut and matching headstock...yumMMm.

A list of $2400 or less would inline IMHO if quality tops were used and name brand pups (SDs)
post #123 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 05:47 PM

I'm not that sure about the name brand pickups (at least not SD) on a hypothetical Broderick sig. He is a Bare Knuckle endorsee. Those, on the other hand, aren't very probable (I might be wrong) to appear on a production model (being custom made and all). Hopefully, I'm very, very wrong.

Last edited by Veno; 03-03-2008 at 06:07 PM.
post #124 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

well, you never know what may be coming down the pipeline, but rest assured that several of us here in the LACS read these forums frequently and see the customer requests/suggestions. Quite a few of the features and design elements that go into the production models are directly from artist and customer involvement.

Thanks

Mike
post #125 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 PM

i wish that ibanez would hurry up and make a neckthrough 7 rg. my rg7ct needs a companion. it would go great next to my rgt3120, too. my envy for chris and buzz keeps growing with these threads. WHAT WOULD IT TAKE FOR IBANEZ TO REOPEN THE CUSTOM SHOP?!?!?! when i was young and broke was when ibanez had a custom shop, now that i am older and have disposable income, they force me(and others like me) to go elsewhere for custom axes. i am sure i am not the only one who would drop a ton of cash and wait for a few months for an axe from tak, mike, and the boyz.

rich
post #126 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 PM

Reviews: 1

hmmm what a nice looking guitar!!! i want one!!!
post #127 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIbz View Post
well, you never know what may be coming down the pipeline, but rest assured that several of us here in the LACS read these forums frequently and see the customer requests/suggestions. Quite a few of the features and design elements that go into the production models are directly from artist and customer involvement.

Thanks

Mike
Oooh, any chance of making something like this:

I know it's a long shot, and I am sorry to be a cheeky bugger, it's a Carvin, but man the cherry burst finish with the black hardware and fixed bridge = astounding! I'd sell everything and buy an RGA like this in 20 seconds.
post #128 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Why don't you sell everything and buy a Carvin CT like that?
post #129 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Dee

I'm kind of planning on doing that, but they don't sell Carvin in my country. First I'd have to sell both my guitars, then I have to factor in the cost of shipping, taxes, and getting someone from the USA to order it for me, then send it over here. It would cost way more than my two Ibanez guitars are worth (RG 20th and RG7421). Honestly, if I had a choice right now I'd take the Carvin without even thinking about it.
post #130 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Lightbulb Re: Megadeth's Chris Broderick LACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I'm kind of planning on doing that, but they don't sell Carvin in my country.
they do; there are two Carvin dealers in the uk, just check carvin.co.uk.
post #131 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I'm kind of planning on doing that, but they don't sell Carvin in my country. First I'd have to sell both my guitars, then I have to factor in the cost of shipping, taxes, and getting someone from the USA to order it for me, then send it over here. It would cost way more than my two Ibanez guitars are worth (RG 20th and RG7421). Honestly, if I had a choice right now I'd take the Carvin without even thinking about it.
Yeah thats a shame. I mean I could probably order one here, but I'd probably save money by getting someone in the states to order it for me, and then driving down to pick it up. I mean to get to Buffalo it's maybe like 2 hours max.
post #132 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinMmmmm View Post
Yeah thats a shame. I mean I could probably order one here, but I'd probably save money by getting someone in the states to order it for me, and then driving down to pick it up. I mean to get to Buffalo it's maybe like 2 hours max.
Take an American to the doctor and give him some prescription medicine and you could probably call it even-Steven!

That Carvin is bad a$$! They need to make an RGA version of it!

And while we got the attention of the LACS folks, hows about asking PG if Ibanez can put out the orange and black PGM as a production model. Just an idea...
post #133 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
they do; there are two Carvin dealers in the uk, just check carvin.co.uk.
OK, but they are probably way more expensive?
post #134 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 AM

You're right, the UK price's for Carvin are higher in the UK but that's down to the shipping, Import duty, hard case and Vat. Our prices are around the same as if you purchased from the states and somtimes a little cheaper - with all shipping costs above taken into account.
Hope this helps explain the higher cost.

Tags
air norton , bare knuckle pickups , beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , carvin guitars , chris broderick , custom guitar , custom shop , dave mustaine , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret board , graphite nut , hoshino gakki , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking tuners , maple binding , maple fingerboard , marty friedman , neck humbucker , neck thru , planet waves , production model , quilted maple , ray vaughan , recessed trem , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fret board , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , tony macalpine , trem springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode