Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Mercurio guitar w/ interchangable pickups system...

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  microdmitry 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Luthier Gene Liberty of Sheridan Illinois designed and built this exact concept years ago. I'm not saying Mercurio ripped it off, I don't know that they ever came in contact with eachother-ever. But at the very least he was the second person to come up with the idea. Tons of people have tried to make a quick change guitar, but doing it on a pre-mounted harness from the back is really the only way IMO. That fancy circuitry scares me. It says it automatically adjusts level for lower output pickups, etc. It means there's some active circuitry between the pickup and the amp. I for one would prefer to have the output change from the switch, and a transparent passive circuit.

#5 ·
Gibson did this 20 or more years ago though too. One of our local shops has a reissue les paul that you can try out all the new gibson pickups in. These were never production models though as far as I know, just showroom peices. It doesnt look that good overall but pretty cool none the less

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.