Meshuggah 8 string Ibanez - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 03:36 PM

They don't, I was just trying to make the joke. Glad you liked it, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 04:13 AM

i wouldnt mind trying out an 8 string and possibly buying one, we could all hope that Ibanez starts making them available to the rest of us but its not likely.

I dont know what to make of ibanez refusing to make Rusty an 8 string, i know his signature 7 string is on the way but we'll see
post #63 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 03:40 PM

Just though I'd copy this out - it's from the new Total Guitar, although it's just the bit abou the guitars:

"The 8th string is a 0.7. it's as thick as the 2nd string on a bass guitar. In fact, if you're not careful, it sounds just like a bass!"

"It's possible to play barre chords on the 8 string, but we tend not to. In fact, we don't even play power chords on on the eighth string because it's just too low and gets in the way of the bass guitar. The neck is pretty ****ing wide!"

"It has a fixed Floyd trem and Lundgren pickups, which are very good. It has a very clean tone and great sustain. With the first prototypes - which were made by Nevborn - there was a problem at the nut because the string was so thick, but that's now been fixed on the Ibanez model's."

"It's got a 30-inch scale and it needs a reinforced neck to handle the extra tension - so it's very heavy! Sometimes on stage you really feel it, but you know what? It's the best ****ing guitar I've ever had. The attack is solid, working the fretboard is easy and the intonation is very smooth. For such a big guitar, playing it is effortless."
post #64 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming_neon_black
"It's got a 30-inch scale and it needs a reinforced neck to handle the extra tension - so it's very heavy! Sometimes on stage you really feel it, but you know what? It's the best ******* guitar I've ever had. The attack is solid, working the fretboard is easy and the intonation is very smooth. For such a big guitar, playing it is effortless."
Awesome
post #65 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 08:22 AM

Sweeeeeeeeet
post #66 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 02:46 AM

If they make the 8's with the FX bridge and 2 hums, I'd buy one for sure.
post #67 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 07:22 AM

the thing i can't get over is the 30 inch scale, i'm going to be getting an 8 stringer made by shamray custom shop, kinda need a job first though lol, i'm asking for a 27 inch scale, but man, maybe i should get a longer scale, i dunno, anyway, meshuggah=awesome and 8 stringers = neccecary

actually i know a guy that has a 9 stringer, he got it cheaply too, but the guy that made it doesn't make guitars anymore ah well
post #68 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Shank
actually i know a guy that has a 9 stringer, he got it cheaply too, but the guy that made it doesn't make guitars anymore ah well
This guy?
post #69 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 12:22 PM

woah, what a stroke of luck, oh btw i forgot the extended range forum address, don't suppose you'd mind reminding me?

oh and how is that ergo anyway? do you only play it sitting down?
post #70 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 03:18 PM

Quote:
woah, what a stroke of luck, oh btw i forgot the extended range forum address, don't suppose you'd mind reminding me?

You'd have to ask him, I wouldn't know.

The web address is http://www.extendedrangeguitar.com
post #71 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 04:50 PM

argh, stupid me, anyway thanks for the linkage, i've been trying to remember it for a couple of weeks now
post #72 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 12:56 AM

Quote:
It's not to bad.
And it's actually more comfortable to play standing up.
I'm looking to get one of those "mini" strats as a back-up.
post #73 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 04:57 PM

hmm, easier to play standing up you say, that's interesting, and a "mini" strat? O_o, only 6 strings? lol
post #74 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 12:07 AM

Re: Meshuggah 8 string Ibanez

The RG2228 changed my life as a guitar player. I love this instrument. I played the RG 7 strings and S Series for years and finally got used to them. The first day I played my 2228 I realized....Odd number of strings BAD. Even number Good! No wonder the 7 strings took me so long to get comfortable with. Hoshino has created a benchmark guitar here. They will sell dozens, so get your's on **** now!

PS: coming from a guy who bought the criterion DVD set of Showgirls.

- b0b
post #75 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 AM

Re: Meshuggah 8 string Ibanez

Old thread

Tags
body shape , clean tone , custom shop , dino cazares , edge trem , edge trems , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd trem , fredrik thordendal , guitar tech , locking nut , rusty cooley , string bridge , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode