Meshuggah appreciation post! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Meshuggah appreciation post!

Anyone else here think that these guys kick some major @$$? I was listening to them the other day and I was simply blown away by some of their music!, my favorites: New millenium cyanide christ , Corridor of Chameleons, The mouth licking what you've bled and Straws Pulled at Random!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 03:41 PM

YES Big fan here. The stuff they play should be illegal in some states. haha One interesting fact about them.....During their current tour they didn't use any cabinets when I saw them. POD Pro direct thru the PA. Pretty insane
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

I was really suprised about the fact that they used Podpros! I never knew that such an awsome sound can ever come out of that red box! I always got the immpression that pod's and behringer type amp sims nrever really gave out good distortion sounds, but after listening to meshuggah.....
Anyone reccommend a pod pro for this kind of sound, or go for another method of getting mushuggah like sounds.......which wont cost an arm and a leg
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 04:41 PM

Another fan, here. The whole 'Nothing' album was a real eye-opener. I really like the track 'Spasm.' Those guys have a whole unique sound of their own. (Dillinger Escape Plan has some wackiness going on a la Meshuggah. But it's kinda like how MEtallica and Black Sabbath resemble each other. Not really once you know what's going on, but superficially.)

And if you like their sound, and they get it with a POD, then go for it. Why use something different? Because it's "better"? Whatever. If you dig that sound, then follow that path. That it's economical is just a bonus!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 05:22 PM

Yes, I am a HUGE Meshuggah fan! I live for this band!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdark45
I was really suprised about the fact that they used Podpros! I never knew that such an awsome sound can ever come out of that red box! I always got the immpression that pod's and behringer type amp sims nrever really gave out good distortion sounds, but after listening to meshuggah.....
Anyone reccommend a pod pro for this kind of sound, or go for another method of getting mushuggah like sounds.......which wont cost an arm and a leg
no, a pod pro wont give you the thick meshuggah riff sound, no!
there are other things behind the pod in fred's rig

go to the meshuggah forum, this has been discussed already over there

and yeah i dig meshuggah a lot too. they dont have what i call "*** groove" as many as other bands. they dont even have any, or at least i havent heard any.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 09:52 PM

Yes Meshuggah is fast becoming one of my fav bands. They have the heaviest sound ever...

Yeah the pod woud need a good tube power amp, and an eq from what i've read.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno
Yeah the pod woud need a good tube power amp, and an eq from what i've read.
Um, the power amp would do no good running direct to the PA.

But most tube amps also need an EQ from what I've read
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam669
...in fred's rig
What about Mårten Hagström? Nobody ever mentions him.

I honestly don't care much for any of their albums except for "Nothing". Their other albums are great but, to me, none are as 'ground breaking' as "Nothing". That cd is just excellent. I love it.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 05:47 AM

Hagström is evil! whenever I hear his riffing behind Fred's solo in Spasm, I'm shocked, it's just obscene!

The other ones I like too, especially DEI, but not as much as Nothing.
btw, don't you find it funny, that Chaosphere led to nothing at all. Now what is nothing going to lead to?

btw, some dude used a pod xt with a 20/20 power amp, somewhere on the multimedia forum.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 04:11 PM

Meshuggah is a ridiculously cool band. They're my 2nd favorite ever. It's good to see them getting some attention; however, it frustrates me that no one is talking about The Dillinger Escape Plan. They're my favorite band ever, and in my opinion, they absolutely stomp the living crap out everybody else out there, including Meshuggah. I'd kill to have written Sugar Coated Sour.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 06:23 PM

The Dillenger Escape Plan made it onto the Underworld soundtrack, very cool. At first I cringed at the song, but it's growing on me. Same can be said for Meshuggah when I first heard them, now they're one of my favorites.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 01:28 AM

REALLY! That's awesome. I hadn't heard that. What song is it?
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 08:29 AM

The song is "Baby's First Coffin".

Here's a link to the site, great soundtrack overall.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 03:50 PM

Meshuggah was my favorite band for a good while. All their albums rock, but "Nothing" takes the cake!

Bands like Vital Remains, Severe Torture, and Cephalic Carnage kick the crap outta Meshuggah in my opinion. Meshuggah isn't really a death metal band though.

Tags
allan holdsworth , death metal , fredrik thordendal , pod pro , power amp , string guitars , tube amp , tube amps , tube power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode