Mess Around 7 string? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Mess Around 7 string?

What would be better to mod-

A agile spetor

or an ibanez 7321

i like the agile looks alot better but is it quailty?

can anyone that owns one give me some info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 AM

Re: Mess Around 7 string?

In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with an RG7321. People talk about the quality being questionable on the indonesian-made ones, but I have not yet seen a single dodgy RG7321, whether they be korean or indonesian.
Now, I have not yet played, nor seen, an Agile guitar in the flesh, but as far as customer feedback goes, they apparently have had quality control issues in the past - mostly related to the fretjob. Someone else needs to chime in here with reliable feedback as far as Agile goes, as I can't provide it - but you can not go wrong with an RG7321.
The Agile may or may not be a better buy, but the RG7321 more than stands up for itself.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 PM

I own a RG7321, and I'm very pleased with it. It's certainly not on par with the RG1527, but for it's price I don't think it can be beat. The only issue I've had with my RG7321 is that the frets could use a dressing, but I personally feel that most guitars under $800 or so could as well. The pickups are OK, I don't find them to be quite as bad as most say, but they can be muddy depending upon how much gain you're using. I am, however, going to drop a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it.

That said, many people on other forums swear by Agile guitars. I've never played one myself, so I can't help you there.

Last edited by Stengah_2012; 09-20-2008 at 03:58 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Between the two it depends on what you want. The Ibanez RG7321 is a great guitar to build on, the agile interceptor is a great guitar in terms of value if you don't want to screw with anything. I've actually had both of them in my shop for setup/upgrades and BOTH needed a fretlevel. The neck on the RG7321 was definitely much more comfortable than the agile which in my opinion is way too chunky. The overall build quality is about the same, maybe a tad bit better on the agile but not by a whole lot, but if I had to recommend or buy an entry level 7 string myself, it'd be a RG7321.

Tags
agile , ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode