Mick from Slipknot + new Ibanez - Page 20 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #286 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:40 PM

Re: Mick from Slipknot + new Ibanez

It says Ibanez was the first to mass-produce a 7, which is correct. Schenker's guitar was a custom one-off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #287 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me then!

Live and learn I guess
post #288 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather View Post
Thats absolute rubbish by the way.

He is an out and out shredder believe it or not. Before Slipknot he was a qualified guitar teacher, and still does teach between tours I believe. He can rip-it up with the best of them. He is just as good as anyone in that department.

Just because he plays in a down-tuned metal band, doesnt mean thats all he can do. Just look at John5. He is amazing, but didnt play anything near his ability in Manson.
Its not that he down tunes, it's that he stopped using a 7 string because they became trendy. Thats what I've got from the first page. I have no erspect for people like that.

Edit: I just looked on youtube, and watched a couple of videos. He can play some pretty nice stuff. I dont know why he doesn't play to his full potential on his albums.
post #289 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM

I don't know that he ever did use a 7 string, He's surprisingly traditional about some things. Weird, I know, considering he plays in drop B, but he's a strange guy.

As for why he doesn't do that on record, it's all about context. Slipknot's song structures don't really leave much room for soloing; Ross Robinson had a lot to do with that. But Mick and Jim got to let loose a little on their last album.
post #290 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 04:12 PM

Reviews: 1
post #291 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
dex

Click on the litle pic to see an idiot proof shot.
On the right there's an option that says "full size" - click on it.
I personally can not BELIEVE there are so many of you who can not comprehend what we are saying.

One last time for the slow, the guitar Ibanez photographed for the catalog and for the "demo" shots that were sent out to distributors and retailers has the pickups installed the wrong way around.
There's no point arguing over this - it's plain to see from the pic.

That's all there is to it.

Last edited by dex; 11-27-2006 at 08:32 PM.
post #292 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 04:25 PM

What!? Ibanez made a mistake in a catalog?!
post #293 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 PM

Dex, you never know, maybe EMG changed the color of the logo for the 81 and the 60 for this specific guitar.
jaxadam is online  
post #294 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
Yes I did know about the jazz guitarists, but for all intents and purposes I was talking about strict solid bodies though I should have said that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-s...lectric_Guitar

Now wikipedia isn't always right, but that's where I got that information. Just wanted you to know that even if I'm wrong I didn't pull that out my behind

It is wikipedia, maybe you could add the bit about Schenker?
A lot of that was written by the guys at sevenstring.org. I think Drew wrote a lot of it, actually. Good stuff.

Tags
bridge pickup , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dimebag darrell , dino cazares , dot inlay , ebony board , ebony fretboard , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , edge pro bridges , electric guitar , emg active , fender telecaster , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge model , fixed bridge models , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret board , fret neck , gauge strings , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , heavy gauge strings , heavy metal , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , inf pickups , jem neck , jem neck profile , jem vwh , joe satriani , kerry king , korean guitar , limp bizkit , local guitar center , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , mahogany body , mahogony body , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , michael schenker , mick thompson , mick thompson model , mike mushok , neck binding , neck pickup , neck thru , paul gilbert , pickup ring , pickup rings , playing guitar , prestige guitar , production model , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood fretboard , rosewood neck , rusty cooley , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , signature guitar , steve vai , strat style , strat trem , string guitars , super strat , trem arm , wizard prestige , yamaha pacifica , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode